Problem with paths

Started by Delta327, March 06, 2015, 11:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 06, 2015, 11:24:17 AM Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:02:11 AM by Delta327
So my map has paths and my units are not following them at all so is their a LUA code for it ?

PS: for swbf2.
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Read the battlefront documentation.
Paths aren't for telling where ais should travel, it's for telling the ai where to spawn.

March 06, 2015, 04:01:29 PM #2 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:23:03 PM by Delta327
Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on March 06, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Read the battlefront documentation.
Paths aren't for telling where ais should travel, it's for telling the ai where to spawn.

Well actually the paths you can set them up but I don't know how to set them up.

Can anyone post a tutorial for the paths please!
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

March 07, 2015, 04:31:26 AM #3 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:37:31 AM by Phobos
Spawn Paths are a set of nodes used to specify where each faction spawns. The game randomly chooses to spawn them at certain nodes depending on how many AI are called on in the mission LUA.

Planning paths, Barriers, and Hintnodes are used to direct the AI as intended.
Use the Planning hubs and connections to tell AI where to travel. Make sure that Barriers do not cross over Planning paths. The Barriers are used to tell AI where not to travel.

See the Psych0fred tutorials here
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=4692

And here is a picture for reference, you can see the very small barrier rectangles (they can be larger on big maps), and how the paths can make AI travel very accurately, the hintnodes are not visible here though
http://nld.fcsite.cf/zeroeditor.png

You can place hintnodes in key locations, and it will modify the behavior of certain units ingame, depending on their ClassLabel type. For example, sniper hintnodes will affect the Scout ClassLabel, you can force them to camp or go prone. The assault type is used for landmines. Some hintnodes affect units of any classlabel type.

So I wanted to add more paths for swbf2 and when a open zero editor and I load up my world it says

zero editor is not responding

Any help on that ?
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A