Star Wars Battlefront News! DICE Developing 15+ games! Sony Exclusivity?!

Started by SWBFCentral, October 28, 2013, 06:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Got some Star Wars Battlefront News for you guys Today :)
Firstly DICE are currently developing 15+ games, Could this mean a rushed Battlefront?
And secondly EA Labels president Frank Gibeau talks about Console Exclusivity, and future Sony deals,
Could this mean Battlefront will have Exclusive Content on the Playstation!?

As always if you enjoy the video then leave a like ;)
I also love to see your opinions and ideas for the upcoming Battlefront so feel free to leave suggestions and your opinions on Battlefront in the Comments!
This is my Star Wars Battlefront news channel, feel free to check it out if you are looking for a good place to catch up on the latest Battlefront News.
www.YouTube.com/SWBFCentral

It maybe just the thing like with AC4 where you get like a tresure hunt or a couple of ship battles or two and whatnot
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: SWBFCentral on October 28, 2013, 06:13:06 AM
Got some Star Wars Battlefront News for you guys Today :)
Firstly DICE are currently developing 15+ games, Could this mean a rushed Battlefront?
And secondly EA Labels president Frank Gibeau talks about Console Exclusivity, and future Sony deals,
Could this mean Battlefront will have Exclusive Content on the Playstation!?

As always if you enjoy the video then leave a like ;)
I also love to see your opinions and ideas for the upcoming Battlefront so feel free to leave suggestions and your opinions on Battlefront in the Comments!

DICE, developing 15+ games?! I'm hoping that's age limit. :P

But no, 15+ games?! Well, guess we all better take a few programming courses in college/university, as it seems DICE will be hiring a lot of people to fully develop 15+ games.

As far as console exclusivity, it's sort of no surprise with Sony, they got the Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron exclusives. I foresee more crappy PSP spinoffs of Battlefront in the future. Although if they are going to go with PS3/PS4 stuff, then it's Sony's way of saying: "Hey kids, don't play games on a PC, buy a friggin' $500 console to play them!"

Personally, I'm surprised the console companies haven't looked to the internet/computers as the next era of gaming. I'm pretty sure Sony and Microsoft could dominate with some browser/download games and gaming-made computers instead. :)

The mobile market is something they should seriously consider. It's only growing for gaming.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 28, 2013, 08:02:06 PM
The mobile market is something they should seriously consider. It's only growing for gaming.

That too. Every year more and more enhancements are made to mobile devices, via processors or graphics cards. Pretty soon, tablets and smartphones will have as much power as a decent computer! To top it off though, Apple's iPad Air is actually as powerful as a desktop computer!

I agree heavily though. If Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo took investments into mobile gaming, it could probably pay off big. Look at how popular KOTOR is on the App Store, and it's just a port! Imagine the excitement if Halo or Uncharted or even Zelda were on the mobile market! :o

When SWBF comes to the app store I'll have renewed faith in mobile games. Right now I'm tired of IAP (in-app purchases), they just get wearing and ruin the game. The games I'm playing on my iDevice are Game Boy Advanced games using an emulator! It's amazing!

But I hope something good comes to the app store that has "Star Wars" on it soon.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 28, 2013, 08:23:06 PM
The games I'm playing on my iDevice are Game Boy Advanced games using an emulator! It's amazing!

Say, you wouldn't happen to be running GBA4iOS, would ya? If so, then I guess you already heard of Emu4iOS, eh? :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 28, 2013, 07:51:48 AM
DICE, developing 15+ games?! I'm hoping that's age limit. :P

But no, 15+ games?! Well, guess we all better take a few programming courses in college/university, as it seems DICE will be hiring a lot of people to fully develop 15+ games.

As far as console exclusivity, it's sort of no surprise with Sony, they got the Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron exclusives. I foresee more crappy PSP spinoffs of Battlefront in the future. Although if they are going to go with PS3/PS4 stuff, then it's Sony's way of saying: "Hey kids, don't play games on a PC, buy a friggin' $500 console to play them!"

Personally, I'm surprised the console companies haven't looked to the internet/computers as the next era of gaming. I'm pretty sure Sony and Microsoft could dominate with some browser/download games and gaming-made computers instead. :)

You're off by one hundred dollars.
MicroSoft is primarily a software company.

Also:

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 28, 2013, 08:12:37 PM
That too. Every year more and more enhancements are made to mobile devices, via processors or graphics cards. Pretty soon, tablets and smartphones will have as much power as a decent computer! To top it off though, Apple's iPad Air is actually as powerful as a desktop computer!

Ummm... yeah, okay.

I hate console exclusivivity. Cant we just all get along and provide content for everyone. Dont wanna get screwed over cause have one console and a game i want has exclusive for the other console. Not dropin 500 for the other console. Now that thhe exclusivity is starting to go both ways couldnt they just say its a none factor now and stop? But to much money in it
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 29, 2013, 04:50:15 AM
If so, then I guess you already heard of Emu4iOS, eh? :P
Yea that's where I found it. Well where my little brother showed it to me.  :happy:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 30, 2013, 08:08:00 PM
Yea that's where I found it. Well where my little brother showed it to me.  :happy:

Nice. I actually found out about it over the amount of screen recording videos on YouTube, and how people were suggesting the use of two different screen recorders on their iDevices. :P

Personally, I'm holding out for GBA4iOS 2.0, or at least until the guys at nds4ios update their app. (The current version from Emu4iOS is extremely slow on iPad...)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 28, 2013, 08:02:06 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nope. The mobile market is a massive casual market thus making is massive cash source for several game developers. But EA has Pop Cap to make games for the casual market and I'm sure they have plenty of other mobile studios. And DICE is not one of them. They make hardcore games. (Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, etc)  Also developing for those beastly iPad's would only stifle the real console and PC versions. Nope, not going to happen.

Hopes & Dreams = crushed

Also most of those 15 games won't see the light of day I'll bet. A lot of them will most likely get canned in order to focus on the money makers.