SWBF1 Xbox to PC beta map pack

Started by Dark_Phantom, September 24, 2020, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
SWBF1 Xbox to PC beta map pack

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1574

All of these maps were directly converted from the March 12th Xbox build of Battlefront 1.  Maps are generally kept faithful to the original and may exhibit strange issues.  For example, there is a lot of broken collision for the Theed buildings. This was present in the Xbox version and is outside the scope of this mod.

(end1beta) Endor
(geo1beta) Geonosis
(kambeta)  Kamino
(kas1beta) "Kashyyyk: Islands" (test with vehicles)
(nab2beta) Naboo: Theed
(tat1beta) Tatooine: Dune Sea
(tat2beta) Tatooine: Mos Eisley
(testbeta) Test map (Geonosis style)
(yav1beta) Yavin IV: Temple

I have also included maps that were not complete but could be of interest to other modders or those interested in cut maps specifically:

hot1beta (Hoth) - issues with terrain cutter beta format make it impossible to get back in Echo Base/tunnels.  This issue also occurs on Dune Sea but was not as noticeable
rhn2beta (Rhen Var: Citadel) - I'm not sure why, but it's possible that materials are being used that aren't in the final game, leading to large loss of textures.  The design is the same but when I tried to debug the assets I got no further.  The map is playable, it just looks... really bad.

Maps can be placed straight in the addon folder and should work out-of-the-box.  Individual downloads are available on SWBFgamers.

Credits:
Pandemic, original creators
Aden from Obscure Gamers, for the beta xbox build
DylanRocket, for bringing attention to the build
Sleepkiller, for his Xbox to PC conversion tool, which combined with my custom tools do most of the work for me
Led, for keeping SWBFgamers going all these years
Dark_Phantom, for compiling this and getting it in a workable state

This mod is also cross-hosted on ModDB as well. https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-beta-map-conversions
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thank you so much for converting all of these! I have always wanted to play the early beta maps of SWBFI.

I think my personal favorite has to be Theed. It's so different from the final and much more dynamic in how you can get around as infantry. And it really feels like a city (compared to the stock map).
Geonosis and Kamino are also runner ups just cause I'm a sucker for Attack of the Clones inspired maps lol.

I'm glad you liked them Kit!  Theed seems to be the consensus favorite, and I agree, and next for me would have to be Kamino, then Temple, but mostly because of the alternate Temple layout.

I'm glad I was able to preserve most of them for posterity.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.