ICW3 Week 3

Started by Oven, August 19, 2013, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteThe attacks are both accepted but could you change the 8pm one half an hour earlier to 7.30?

k, no prob  ;)

Quote from: Carpe Diem Jumper on August 21, 2013, 01:54:39 PM
k, no prob  ;)
Or another idea is we can change our attack to 1PM EST on saturday? (7PM Berlin) If that is any easier.

Hm, idk cause the first war is at 6pm. 7.30pm Berlin Time is a good time  ???
:P

Attacking clan: 1.0
Defending clan: En'Ten
Planet: Yavin 4 Temple
1.0's side: TBD
Day/time: Sunday, 4:00 PM EST/ 10 Berlin PM

Planet: Bespin Cloud City
Day/time: Sunday, 5:00 PM EST / 11 Berlin PM

Sorry I didn't put in by Wednesday. Had some pc issues...
https://swbfv1clan.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/icw3-update-2/ When 1.0 beats FC/YAK

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/128879699 Schduled battle against YAK/FC with 1.0 Ldrs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128576856-4.jpg
Random unscheduled battle against FC with just 1 1.0 Ldr.

I was just tryin to spread them out ;) But if Saturday isn't as good then we can do all 3 Friday. 2 on each day is just better for us :)

Ya, pls lets do all 3 Battles on Friday  :happy:

August 22, 2013, 12:26:04 PM #21 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:27:35 PM by Carpe Diem Jumper
Update Entenclan, ICW3 Week 3, Attacks & Defenses  :o

Friday_____________________________________

Attacking clan: Enten
Defending clan: 212
Planet: Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Proposed time/date: Friday, 06:00 PM Berlin time
Era/side: TBD

Attacking clan: Enten
Defending clan: 212
Planet: Tatooine: Jabbas Palace
Proposed time/date: Friday, 08:00 PM Berlin time

Attacking clan: 212
Defending clan: Enten
Planet: Yavin, Arena
Proposed time/date: Friday, 09:00 PM Berlin Time

Saturday___________________________________

Attacking clan: YAK
Planet: Rhen Var: Harbour
YAK's side: Rebels
Day/time: Saturday, 3:00 PM EST/ 09:00 PM Berlin Time

Attacking clan: YAK
Planet: Coruscant: Streets
YAK's side: TBD
Day/time: Saturday, 4:00 PM EST/ 10:00 PM Berlin Time

Sunday____________________________________

Quote from: Gen.Hond{snp} on August 22, 2013, 08:36:29 AM

Sorry I didn't put in by Wednesday. Had some pc issues...

We would like to move fw time.
Temple --> 3.00pm EST
CC --> 3.30pm EST (in case we're done with first one)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

August 22, 2013, 06:29:20 PM #23 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:43:03 PM by Oven
Everybody has to read this carefully, especially #4

The OP has been updated with a schedule, please check for errors.

1. I need En'ten to decide if 1.0's proposed time changes on Temple and CC are acceptable.

2. The TBD stuff is getting old. Please give at least the era when you make the attack. And you should be telling the other team which side you are well in advance of the match, it's only fair.

3. Does 212 want Euro hosting on the Friday matches? Please tell me soon, and pick your side/era.

4. I can't admin any matches this weekend. Neither can Shazam. For real. I don't know about Scorpion or Deagle yet.

So here's what the rule is, for Week 3: If no admin is online at the time of a match, both clans have to suck it up and find someone to do the job. (It's usually a very easy job).

There are lots of options; I'll list a few:

• Find a neutral person to oversee the match
  • Agree on a player from one of the teams to oversee the match (they can still play)
  • Agree on a player from each of the teams to oversee the match (they can still play)

Here's a list of what the "admin" does.

• Make sure both teams are in the server on time
  • Make sure that the defending team is not outnumbered
  • Make sure both teams have at most 1 mercenary for every 2 clan members
  • Ask both teams if they are ready before beginning, and make sure both teams say yes
  • If the map has no bleed, count down from 5 to begin the match
  • If the map has bleed, the game starts on map reset
  • I haven't been strict about start times, but please be reasonable and considerate of people's schedules.

This doesn't mean that cheating or other funny business is allowed -- it's not. Any rule violations will be reported to me at the end of the day -- you can bet on it.

If you can't find anyone to be "admin", that's wrong. As long as the server isn't empty, someone can do the simple tasks listed above. By now you all know the drill!

If there's a serious disagreement about something before the match, that cannot be resolved, just play the match. We'll sort it out later. Be sure to document things with screenshots.

Here's a list of my choices for who should be admin, if you have to pick from the clans and if they are present:

1.0: Hond, Phantom
212: Nixo, Norris
Enten: Deagle, Jumper
YAK: Phobos, Sirpimped

If none of these people are at a match, pick from the others.

5. And remember, Deagle, Buckler, and I will have server hosting covered as usual.

August 22, 2013, 07:31:00 PM #24 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:38:46 PM by Phobos
Oh here is that post where I volunteered to help admin, I take that back.

I am not willing to help admin a tournament for some ungrateful head admin that is going to revoke my generosity to spite the fact I helped assemble the map pack for this failed tournament.

One who lets Anyder get away with cussing and crashing the tourney servers, but penalizes me for switching teams one time.

So not only do I withdraw my offer to help admin, but I ban Oven from ever asking me to admin or help set up mods or servers for any future tournaments which he organizes.

I'm willing to sub as admin if nobody else is online. This includes matches I don't play and matches I do play. Since I know the rules pretty well the only problem would be making sure people follow them at all times (harder to keep track of when you're not using freecam and only on one side). For example if I am playing as admin in a YAK battle and the other team starts premining while I count down, I would have no way of knowing unlike a neutral observing admin.

Also with no way to verify the namefakers who constantly switch tags (i.e. elmotech controller has used 1.0, 212, and wusi tags) in order to avoid being classified as a 'mercenary' this rule is pretty much useless and not enforceable unless you have verified the individual player IPs through the root server (access to which Led keeps very limited from what I understand).

That being said as long as players are willing to agree to follow the rules I will try to admin when needed. I won't have any way to 'ban the offender' though, so if players start getting too abusive I will film the offenses and then leave the server. I would just prefer not to admin if someone else such as Oven, Shazam or BlackScorpion is available.

Yeah Sorry Oven to say the TBD for each. Last week we screwed up on it. Anyways heres what era/side we chose for the planets.

1.0's Eras/Sides
Cloud City: GCW Rebels
Temple: CW CIS.

Also about the admins I would be glad to do it but I do agree with Phobos that there are several problems such as name fakers, dealing with trouble makers, and enforcing other rules such as the Mercenary's since IP's wouldn't be available. It would be nice to see BlackScorpion do some since I haven't seen him admin yet that I know of. (Though he was at our fun Russia game as a Merc)

If you really really need an admin just xfire me and I would do it.
https://swbfv1clan.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/icw3-update-2/ When 1.0 beats FC/YAK

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/128879699 Schduled battle against YAK/FC with 1.0 Ldrs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128576856-4.jpg
Random unscheduled battle against FC with just 1 1.0 Ldr.

I'm a willing admin when I am online.  I can admin matches at various times this weekend.  I'll log on Xfire when available if anyone needs an admin.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Ashley Purdy on August 22, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
We would like to move fw time.
Temple --> 3.00pm EST
CC --> 3.30pm EST (in case we're done with first one)

Oh wtf Does it get any later :D
Guys, there are humans on this earth who have to work next Day!!!!!! :rant:

If it's US server and an admin from Ovens list I can boot (I don't want to ban if I'm not there) if you let me know. If there's a serious disagreement between teams and it's OK with Oven I can admin the odd match.
I would rather not admin and just play but I'm willing to help out. Just give me some notice because I'll need to download, and learn to use, freecamera.
I think we'll manage fine without admins though we have good teams and good organiser/rules.  :cheers:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Carpe Diem Jumper on August 22, 2013, 10:55:34 PM
Oh wtf Does it get any later :D
Guys, there are humans on this earth who have to work next Day!!!!!! :rant:

Plz honey, learn times lol. Ive put times earlier
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com