In your opinion.

Started by Deceptive_Pasta, July 31, 2013, 08:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
In your guys opinion is Grand Admiral Thrawn a cool character.
Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

Quote from: Yarell on July 31, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
In your guys opinion is Grand Admiral Thrawn a cool character.

And this is why we need a Star Wars thread. :P

From what I've read of him off Wookieepedia (never read the Thrawn trilogy, though I know some guys are gonna be all over my case with that soon), Thrawn seems like a pretty cool character. I wouldn't be surprised if they add him to Star Wars Episode VII anyways. He also sounded like a cool tactician as well, using a species' own culture/art to figure out how to defeat them. Overall, cool character.

thanks just want to know if he is a cool character or not just in case he is in episode 7.
;)
Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 31, 2013, 09:16:58 PM
And this is why we need a Star Wars thread. :P
:nod:
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 31, 2013, 09:16:58 PM
never read the Thrawn trilogy, though I know some guys are gonna be all over my case with that soon
You called? :D

You have to read the thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire etc.).

You aren't a true Star Wars fan if you haven't read those yet. They really are cool and very good stories. I think it's the best multi-book series for Star Wars books.

What a coincidence, I'm reading Heir to the Empire right now.

August 01, 2013, 06:16:48 PM #5 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:21:13 PM by Dark_Phantom
The Thrawn Trilogy had to be, if not my favorite, one of my favorite series of all the Star Wars books.  And I've read a LOT of them.  Whole bookshelf dedicated to them.   8)

Edit: I forgot to answer the question.  I think Thrawn is a cool character.  Chiss are awesome, and specifically he is created very well by Timothy Zahn in those books.  If you get the chance, also read Outbound Flight.  It gives more insight on what they are talking about in the Trilogy.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 01, 2013, 06:16:48 PM
Edit: I forgot to answer the question.  I think Thrawn is a cool character.  Chiss are awesome, and specifically he is created very well by Timothy Zahn in those books.  If you get the chance, also read Outbound Flight.  It gives more insight on what they are talking about in the Trilogy.
Also very good book. I didn't know you were a Star Wars fan DP! Where were you when we were petitioning for a SW board?  ;)

What is your favorite SW novel (no sequel/prequel to the book) and what is your favorite SW series?

Anyone can answer.  :happy:

You're not a true SW fan unless you have played SW:KOTOR start to finish.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 01, 2013, 10:52:09 PM
I don't think that's true. KOTOR isn't in the realm of the (current) films and it doesn't have anything that I know from the films except lightsabers, Jedi and Sith. I know you love that game more than your mother but I just don't see that as being a deciding factor of whether you are a true SW fan.  ;)

Besides, video games aren't a lot of people's favorite thing to do and it takes a lot of time to invest in a video game. Especially an RPG. A book though, is much more universal in age and where you can do it.  :D

Don't worry SK, I'll play KOTOR eventually. Maybe in a year or two when I have my own computer.  :cheers:

Some of Most of the best lore in the Star Wars universe comes from the Old Republic era in my opinion.

I personally like my SW books to take place in or near Episode I to Episode VI. I almost never read Old Republic books or the New Republic books. I like to stay in the realm of the films since I love those more than anything else SW. :)

August 02, 2013, 02:54:40 PM #11 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:57:14 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 02, 2013, 02:27:12 PM
I personally like my SW books to take place in or near Episode I to Episode VI. I almost never read Old Republic books or the New Republic books. I like to stay in the realm of the films since I love those more than anything else SW. :)

I too have read my fair bit of SW novels, however I personally have loved any to do with Clone Wars. (I've read Hard Contact and Order 66 of the RC novels, haven't read the other ones or the Imperial Commando novels though.) I actually have one from the New Republic era, however I haven't finished it because I just don't have an interest in New Republic era. I guess for me I'm just a die-hard fan of the Clone Wars era. :P

Lucky for you, that area has been saturated with things since 2002! ;) Na I like the CW also, but no more than I like any other time period in between any of the SW films.

Knights of the old republic is freaking awesome. Such a rich and fruitful era, personally one of my favorites, would make a great movie given the chance (Well it would make a good Tv show)
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

August 04, 2013, 02:52:51 PM #14 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:55:44 PM by Dark_Phantom
Quote from: SleepKiller on August 01, 2013, 10:52:09 PM
I have done this.  Many times on both games as both light and dark.  I can practically tell you everything they are going to say and where every enemy is.  And yet... I still play them.  If you play the 2nd one, try the Restored Content Mod, it really adds to where I thought the story was lacking (which was in many, many places).  I should look for mods for the 1st one and see what there is. :)
Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 01, 2013, 10:45:38 PM
What is your favorite SW novel (no sequel/prequel to the book) and what is your favorite SW series?
Anyone can answer.  :happy:
Well, I like the way Episode 6 was written in the newer prints of the books (never read the old prints, never found any... maybe I need to look harder).  As far as series go, The Thrawn Trilogy was best by far, New Jedi Order was next (albeit a bit long, but it was absorbing).  Then the XWing series.  Right now I'm reading the Fate of the Jedi series.  Sometimes I sit and think "When is Luke Skywalker finally going to keel over of old age... he's not Yoda."
Yes, main characters do die eventually.
[spoiler]If you haven't read or are planning to read Vector Prime (Book 1 New Jedi Order) then you may not wish to read this.[spoiler]Really, this is a big spoiler.  Stop now if you are scared to go on and have life ruined.[spoiler]Chewbacca dies epically.  :o  :'(  :bye:  :ohmy:[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
If you read that and just had your lives ruined, I'm sorry.  You should have read the warnings.  I claim no responsibility for any crying, kicking, and screaming that went on after you read that.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.