Installing Mod maps on Best of Pc version

Started by WUSILeaderShane, February 13, 2010, 04:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a few of my members who are trying to install the ggw modded maps. And they are running into some issues. If any one can help it would help out alot. My xfire-aotcawolf

It would greatly help us help you if you could describe the issues here instead of forcing us to contact you over IM. That way, more people can contribute.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

They say they are having trouble. Something about "protected disk" when they try to make an addon folder. Also not enough disk space.

Well, we can't do much about not enough disk space. Delete some files that are nonessential.

As for the protected disk, make sure they have administrator access and tell us what operating system is in use.

Quote from: WUSILeaderShane on February 13, 2010, 04:41:53 PM
They say they are having trouble. Something about "protected disk" when they try to make an addon folder. Also not enough disk space.

Like what JK said, it probably has something to do with admin access (or maybe even write access). Also you said that was for making an addon folder. Please tell your friend to apply the 1.2 update found at filefront (and MPC I believe) because it immediately makes an addon folder as well as giving you Jabba's Palace.

#TYBG

well i used to know how to get write access on windows, but for mac it is as easy as hitting get info and selecting write access. AG is right tho. if you dont have an addon folder then you need to get that update. wow

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

He says he cant get the 1.2 patch to install, it says that it cant find the original battlefront disk. Ill tell him about the admin rights.

To Jedi: His os is windows 7

If it's BoPC then he doesn't need 1.2. It's already patched up.

Right click the Battlefront folder, select Properties, uncheck Read-Only.