Droid Eris issue

Started by Soap Mactavish, February 02, 2010, 08:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am trying to get my movie i bought off iTunes to work on my HTC Droid Eris. however, iTunes sells their videos in M4V format which Android absolutely wont play. i have tried finding apps for the phone to play the movie but none worked. I have also searched for a file converter, but none worked. I really need to find a file converter that works.

A free virtual coke goes to whoever can find one :D
:moo: :sick:

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Is it legal to do what you want?

this is why the iphone is the dominant phone on the market.
Thread.

Quote from: Mike, a cull nightfriend on February 02, 2010, 09:32:52 AM
Is it legal to do what you want?
um yes.  :sick:

converting files is legal as far as i remember

Mike makes a very good point.

#TYBG

.m4v are iTunes video files. They are generally copyright protected.

If it's not protected (very unlikely) change the extension to .mp4.

On the less legal side, there is a program to remove the DRM and then the file can be redone. If you look on the Wikipedia article for .m4v you may be able to gain some insight.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

omg it isnt illegal. all i am looking for is a reliable file converter and last time i checked that wasnt illegal.

i am not converting music if you read. i am converting video (unprotected .m4v).

regardless of what i need it for i need a good file converter. I dont wanna sound rude but ethical computing isnt really what i was going for in my question.

If you can convert your video I say go for it, but this web site has lines they can't cross.

If it is unprotected, change the extension to .mp4. if it is protected, you're on your own.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

omg jedikiller that is my question. how do i get .m4v to .mp4

Quote from: Red on February 03, 2010, 09:05:22 AM
In short, .m4v = .mp4. They are BOTH MPEG-4 files, except a .m4v file can be protected. All you need to do is change the extension from .m4v to .mp4 like jedikiller said.
omg people, you just keep saying the same thing over and over. i need to know how to change the extension. please dont say my question again

February 03, 2010, 04:48:52 PM #13 Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:45:25 PM by Russell
that didnt work. the file changed the extension but it was unable to open. luckily i copied the video before hand.