[Solved] Can't mod server manager files

Started by Fluffy, April 10, 2016, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 10, 2016, 05:26:35 AM Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:51:16 PM by Plaigon
Hey ! I'm french so sorry for bad english :/
First good tuto, but when i trie to change the health of the gate on Death Star maps, i can't find the health in the .lvl
Here are some screenshoots which can help you to understand clearly my problem.
My .lvl in my simple hex editor:

And now my .odf file that i opened in my mod tools folder (because your mediafire download link is dead):

So my problem is that i don't know how to find the health value written in the .odf file, in the .lvl file. SO i can't change it to my new value.
I hope someone can help me =)

try searching this com_inf_rechargedroid_exp make your change and save test the server.

Thanks for your answer, but i forgot to put this link
https://www.gametracker.com/games/swbf2/forum.php?thread=86800
This is the tuto which i read before posting here. I hope it can help you to understand without difficulties my problem for the "special" gate on death star map

I think this is the key:

"search for
dea1_prop_grate, then scroll through each instance until you land on the one that shortly down shows the numbers matching the .odf file, make the edit and always save changes before closing the file."

Anthony_B is a member of this site, if that doesn't work we can try to contact him.

In my experience, health numbers are not usually in clear text format anyway...but I am not sure about this particular case.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 10, 2016, 12:32:44 PM #4 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:53:42 PM by oldsnake
search for com_inf_rechargedroid_exp change the .2.0. to something else.
made a fast vid showing the difference in the gate the blowing up constant has very low health. the second gate has high health and can not be blown up. also i included the screen shots of the hex edits made.

Oh men ! It WORKS ! I don't know why i didn't see it before, during my tries o_O
But you are more observer than me, so i really thank you because i finally understood how battlefront 2 hexa server files modifications work =)
So post solved with your help !