Naboo Theed: Xbox Beta

Started by Dark_Phantom, August 25, 2020, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 25, 2020, 03:01:07 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 02:32:42 PM by Dark_Phantom
Naboo Theed: Xbox Beta

As seen here (original map from the March 12, 2004 Xbox build):
https://youtu.be/jT4f84XObpI (I did fix the water mostly!)

Credits:
Pandemic, original creators
Aden from Obscure Gamers, for the beta xbox build
DylanRocket, for bringing attention to the build
Sleepkiller, for his Xbox to PC conversion tool, which combined with my custom tools do most of the work for me.
Dark_Phantom, for compiling this and getting it in a workable state.

ISSUES: Extra water layers are still present but do not seem to function. (e.g. Fountains and waterfall).  I probably will not fix this, as there is no direct example to pull from in the release version, but it does not crash the game now.
Sound discrepancies on GCW because I needed a sound file with ATST and Combat Speeder.  It shouldn't be noticable but it bothers me.

This map plays pretty well, even though it is large (and it could probably still benefit from more AI).  There are some clear bugs and glitches if you look for them, but overall, in my opinion, it was solid before being scrapped.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1566
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The best of the beta maps. Playing it now on PC, it's a lot less polished than I thought it was. There's a lot of floating objects all over the map, and there's quite a few buildings that you can fly through as a Jet Trooper. I even landed in an area where there seemed to be invisible collision blocks surrounding me. It turns out I was actually running into unrendered walls of buildings. Still, it's a good map overall, and I assume Pandemic would have ironed out much of these flaws had they not scrapped the map in favor of the stock one.

This map feels a lot more like an actual city. It's much more like how it was shown in the movie. I've played through it a quiet a few times, and it's actually really fun!  :)
Silly little guy.

At one point in testing I thought I was going through a building that I hadn't seen before.  Turns out the back of the building was not finished and I had to respawn to get out.

There's no boundaries or anything like that either.  I still think it's a pretty cool map, all things considered, and if you don't explore too much and just hold to the main paths, you hit battle pretty quickly.  The overall design isn't too bad and you can see that even though it was totally revamped, some of the original ideas remained.  I'm just glad that this map is finally out after the water debacle. :)

After I released it, I regretted not bumping the AI up to 32+, but oh well.  It didn't need it as much as say... Dune Sea.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.