The Last of us (no spoilers)

Started by {PLA}gdh92, June 29, 2013, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The past couple of days I've been playing The last of us and I think it's one of the best games I've played. The story is brilliant, it has great characters and the shooting/stealth gameplay is well balanced and fun.
Has anyone else played it? What did you think? Use spoilers if you discuss the plot please I know how hard it is to avoid spoilers when you have a new game. :)

If anyone has a PS3 and likes the Uncharted games (it's by the same developer) or Zombie games I would definitely recommend it. Just be warned it's extremely violent and has a lot of strong language if you don't like that sort of thing.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I've looked into Last of Us, really nice graphics and gameplay. Makes me wish that December 13th was next week (my birthday is in December and I'l be 17 this year). Then all I would need is a PS3, and then I would be legally able to play Last of Us (even though my parents would be highly against it, despite the legal rating, as they hate stuff with blood/gore/strong language.)

June 29, 2013, 07:33:49 PM #3 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:35:44 PM by Snake
I've heard of this game. Without spoilers, what is it about? Is it like post-zombie apocalypse?

I wish they could give an option to atleast bleep out all the cursing in games.. I hate missing the audio experience by having to turn the sound off to keep my ears from burning.  :td:

I think I'll have to get this after I research it a bit. I also have PS3 so maybe we could hook up on MP sometime.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on June 29, 2013, 07:33:49 PM
I wish they could give an option to atleast bleep out all the cursing in games.. I hate missing the audio experience by having to turn the sound off to keep my ears from burning.  :td:
The worst thing is in movies when they have one or two curses and it makes the rating "R."
Kings Speech is the perfect example.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 29, 2013, 07:37:00 PM
The worst thing is in movies when they have one or two curses and it makes the rating "R."
Kings Speech is the perfect example.

Dude, the first Transformers (of the Bayformers trilogy), had like maybe 1-2 curses. The 2nd one had like swearing every 10 minutes or so. The 3rd one they evened out though, I think.

It depends what curse words they use (for some reason). I don't know why the Transformers movies were rated differently than the Kings Speech. But  :shrug:

Wife and I watched the trailer for it, and it's one reason we have for possibly getting a PS3.

It looks really well done. And it's apocalyptic, so :thumbsup:.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 29, 2013, 07:43:03 PM
It depends what curse words they use (for some reason). I don't know why the Transformers movies were rated differently than the Kings Speech. But  :shrug:
Well, apparently it's to do with the meanings of those words... so sexual-based profanity is considered "stronger" than say the "S" word or "B" words.
Transformers contained a high levels of violence which probably bumped up the level a bit.

I watch all the missions in youtube.Its very cool game.I hope one day to see and The last of us 2 (continue)

Quote from: Snake on June 29, 2013, 07:33:49 PM
I've heard of this game. Without spoilers, what is it about? Is it like post-zombie apocalypse?

I think I'll have to get this after I research it a bit. I also have PS3 so maybe we could hook up on MP sometime.

It's a game set after a zombie apocalypse (sort of) and you play mostly as a man who is trying to survive with a 14 year old girl. It's very heavily story based so anything else would be a spoiler but I will say that it's quite depressing in places. It is a brilliant game and, to me, shows how games can be more like movies in a good way. :)

There is an option to turn gore off which I assume turns off blood but that seems pointless since some cutscenes contain- minor spoiler
[spoiler]Torture and graphic injury[/spoiler]

If you don't like or aren't allowed swearing this probably isn't the game for you. It contains the F word and other lesser ones hundereds of times.

I should say that these things make sense in the game - they're not just added for the sake of it.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Yeah, I'll probably buy it anyway. I just don't really care for all the cursing. But, I guess it is the zombie apocalypse.. :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder