Fable III Free for 360!!!! (As of June 12, 2013)

Started by Carbon27, June 12, 2013, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just checked my Xbox Live and I had a voice message from some random person. She said "Fable III is free in the Xbox store, it could be a promotional or a mistake by Microsoft so get it quick." I checked, still free. I'm not allowed to play the game, but some of you guys might, go get it before it's to late!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Fable: A fable is a succinct fictional story, in prose or verse, that features animals, mythical creatures, plants, inanimate objects or forces of nature which are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as verbal communication), and that illustrates or leads to an interpretation of a moral lesson (a "moral"), which may at the end be added explicitly in a pithy maxim.

:hehe: I have no clue what the game is.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 12, 2013, 04:01:54 PM
Fable: A fable is a succinct fictional story, in prose or verse, that features animals, mythical creatures, plants, inanimate objects or forces of nature which are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as verbal communication), and that illustrates or leads to an interpretation of a moral lesson (a "moral"), which may at the end be added explicitly in a pithy maxim.

:hehe: I have no clue what the game is.

And to think that I was going to merely suggest that Fable was a movie.

June 12, 2013, 04:11:47 PM #4 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:40:05 PM by tirpider
Fable was a (really) good Xbox game.  I never played it's sequel, but the first was really good.

(-edit PC too, I guess.)

Quote from: BlackScorpion on June 12, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
And to think that I was going to merely suggest that Fable was a movie.
Copy-pasting from Wikipedia isn't that hard. ;)

It's like part of that whole gold members get free games now deal. Microsoft are finally catching up to Sony! Oh wait... (And it has been around longer than June the 12th.)

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 12, 2013, 06:17:07 PM
It's like part of that whole gold members get free games now deal. Microsoft are finally catching up to Sony! Oh wait... (And it has been around longer than June the 12th.)

The thing you are referring to is different.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/10/microsoft-fires-back-at-sony-with-free-game-downloads-for-xbox-live-gold-gamers/
Specifically, that there are two free games/month.

I downloaded it and Fable III appears to work. Thank you, Josh!

June 12, 2013, 11:25:35 PM #9 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:38:58 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: SleepKiller on June 12, 2013, 10:06:39 PM
http://kotaku.com/what-appeared-to-be-a-glitch-earlier-this-morning-is-no-512274048
http://kotaku.com/existing-xbox-live-gold-members-will-begin-receiving-tw-512305727

There was one more article that had it in it. But I can't find it.

I didn't know that earlier you needed to pay with MS Points to get it free.  When I downloaded, it was as appears in the image in the first article you linked.
I did, however, hear that there was some confusion as to whether it was intentionally made free-to-download or whether it was a mistake.  I figured that'd make sense and found something that said that the program would be starting in July with ACII and Halo 3 (http://zoknowsgaming.com/2013/06/12/xbox-live-gold-members-free-games-month/).

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 12, 2013, 04:12:36 PM
Copy-pasting from Wikipedia isn't that hard. ;)

Eh, I'm not saying it was perfectly glib, but it was better than what I was going to do. :-)

I already got it. The first game, technically the 2nd (first + dlc) Fable: The Lost Chapters is the best out of all of the Fable games. Fable 2 was very disappointing for me and killed off any interest for the third game. But hey, a free game is a free game right? I downloaded it and it's okay. I think it's better than the 2nd. If any of you guys want to play, add GOTTALOVE ANIME (I've been meaning to get that changed for a few years lol).