PS4 - No charges for used games or always on internet

Started by {PLA}gdh92, June 11, 2013, 08:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sony just made my day. :)
I was getting worried after Microsoft said that the X-box one needed to be connected to the internet everyday to keep playing and that they would put restrictions on second hand games but Sony have announced that the PS4 going to be the same as the PS3/360 so assuming the games they have are as good as they look they've gained a sale from me.
I also like the video they made that's clearly aimed at Microsoft. :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

lol, they pretty much destroyed Microsoft during the end. Though a fee is required for online pay, 5 dollars per month isnt a big deal. Probably just get like a year subscription package or something.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Wait... what would happen if somebody went on vacation and had a Xbox One? they would come home to a dead Xbox one? What is Microsoft trying to accomplish here...?        ???

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Oh great is PS gonna be like xbox and pay for online thats total bullshark

Quote from: ϟƘƦƖןןΣx on June 11, 2013, 09:58:35 AM
Oh great is PS gonna be like xbox and pay for online thats total bullshark
Yes, unfortunately it looks like it will be  a similar price per year to what X-box live is now.
Unlike the X-box though you can still use the PS4 offline.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Sigh thats why im might not buy it now i might get a really nice gaming computer instend i mean you buy a 400$ or something worth game station and to meet/play with other People you gotta pay? thats just not cool...

Advantage of a PC Gamer: You don't get lured into console wars as easily, and you don't really need to upgrade to the newest system until your computer dies or can't take the capabilities. :P

Also why I'm planning to upgrade to 8GB of RAM once my exams are over. :D

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 11, 2013, 11:00:47 AM
Also why I'm planning to upgrade to 8GB of RAM once my exams are over. :D
Yeah, you've said that a billion +1 times :P
I've played on consoles before (PS and GameCube mostly), they aren't as entertaining as a CP for me.

PS+ is far better than Xbox live in terms of what you get, and only multiplayer will be restricted to PS+. You can still watch Netflix on the PS4 without having to pay for subscriptions.

I've payed for Live the last few months anyways, I don't really mind having to pay for the PS+ service. Also, I'm assuming that the service will be greatly improved if it has a lot of money going towards it. And 50 dollars isn't even too much to ask if you play multiplayer a lot.

Anyways, I have to say that as a guy happy with his 360, who loves Halo, the PS4 just looks much more appealing to me. I'm pretty sure all my friends are switching over too, going to have to see if they want to play Destiny/Battlefield to get our shooter fix.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I might just see if I can get the PS4 for Christmas. I don't know if this is true but you would be able to play PS2 games on the PS4? Is it digital? It depends what's going on but I've always liked the Playstation consoles over the Xbox consoles.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 11, 2013, 01:02:56 PM
I might just see if I can get the PS4 for Christmas. I don't know if this is true but you would be able to play PS2 games on the PS4? Is it digital? It depends what's going on but I've always liked the Playstation consoles over the Xbox consoles.

The PS4 isn't backwards compatible, neither is the Xbox One. However, I believe Playstation has talked about the Gaikai service that would allow you to play PS 1/2/3 games. Gaikai won't launch until sometime in 2014 though, so it will be a bit before you can play previous games.

If you want to play older games I would recommend just buying a PS2/3, prices for both will be at rock bottom very soon.

June 11, 2013, 04:08:42 PM #11 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:19:50 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: Droideka on June 11, 2013, 12:50:06 PM
PS+ is far better than Xbox live in terms of what you get, and only multiplayer will be restricted to PS+. You can still watch Netflix on the PS4 without having to pay for subscriptions.

I've payed for Live the last few months anyways, I don't really mind having to pay for the PS+ service. Also, I'm assuming that the service will be greatly improved if it has a lot of money going towards it. And 50 dollars isn't even too much to ask if you play multiplayer a lot.

Anyways, I have to say that as a guy happy with his 360, who loves Halo, the PS4 just looks much more appealing to me. I'm pretty sure all my friends are switching over too, going to have to see if they want to play Destiny/Battlefield to get our shooter fix.

Killzone?
And don't forget SWBF, u BK scrub hardscoper.

I'm probably in the same boat (thought if I do I decide to upgrade to the next generation, it won't be for a while) in that I'm not tied to Microsoft.  From the pure hardware specs, it looks like the PS4 is the superior machine; whether this superiority will amount to anything or whether it will prove to merely be nominal will be up in the air.

That said, I don't know how you can say that PS+ is better than Xbox LIVE when it doesn't have HBO Go.

June 11, 2013, 04:25:51 PM #12 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:27:27 PM by Droideka
Quote from: BlackScorpion on June 11, 2013, 04:08:42 PM
Killzone?
And don't forget SWBF, u BK scrub hardscoper.

I'm probably in the same boat (thought if I do I decide to upgrade to the next generation, it won't be for a while) in that I'm not tied to Microsoft.  From the pure hardware specs, it looks like the PS4 is the superior machine; whether this superiority will amount to anything or whether it will prove to merely be nominal will be up in the air.

That said, I don't know how you can say that PS+ is better than Xbox LIVE when it doesn't have HBO Go.
Personally, I'm fine with just Netflix, but maybe PS will announce HBO Go. You're right though, Xbox probably has a slight edge on the entertainment side of things.

I actually don't know much about Killzone, I'll try to do more research but I don't know if it's mainly a singleplayer shooter or if it has solid multiplayer. Gameplay does look nice though, and visually it looks like the PS4 cranks the game up.

I have a feeling that when it comes right down to it, Sony will win out on this one.  Microsoft got many gamers away from the PS2 and PS3 with the seemingly superior play to the XBox and XBox Live (at least with what I noticed in my small microchasm).  But with this new ploy for money by them, they will lose gamers fast.  Online all the time?  Give me a break.  I can't get high speed, guess they lose a customer.

Microsoft will end up having to update the system for Single Player gaming and used games and cheaper prices for subscribing. Or drop out of the console wars pretty soon.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Let's not forget it is also region free. It just keeps getting better and better.