SWBFI 1.2 server help.

Started by RepComm, May 03, 2013, 10:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I deleted my battlefront 1.0.3 dedicated software manually back a little before the shutdown.
But apparently the registry files still say that I have it on my harddrive, therefore I cannot download the 1.2 server back into the correct place, and install the OpenSpy patch.

There are 2 solutions: Zip or RAR archive the PC dedicated server folder, and then I'll fix it manually, or I find the registry files and .. delete them I guess? (Yes, I've done that sort of thing before with no error)

But I don't know how to find the registry files, and for the life of me, cannot find a ziped or Rar packed version of the battlefront server.

So can maybe someone point me to the reg files, or upload the Folder?  (I do know about the program pathing found in the INI file, I can manage that)

Thanks for any help!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 03, 2013, 10:03:30 AM
Well, I deleted my battlefront 1.0.3 dedicated software manually back a little before the shutdown.
But apparently the registry files still say that I have it on my harddrive, therefore I cannot download the 1.2 server back into the correct place, and install the OpenSpy patch.

There are 2 solutions: Zip or RAR archive the PC dedicated server folder, and then I'll fix it manually, or I find the registry files and .. delete them I guess? (Yes, I've done that sort of thing before with no error)

But I don't know how to find the registry files, and for the life of me, cannot find a ziped or Rar packed version of the battlefront server.

So can maybe someone point me to the reg files, or upload the Folder?  (I do know about the program pathing found in the INI file, I can manage that)

It does not need to be installed.  Just dropped in folder.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

No no, I mean the actual server folder.
I can do the Open Spy patch, but I can't really do it if there isn't even a dedicated server folder to place it in :P

Sorry I wasn't clear  :slap:

May 03, 2013, 12:26:31 PM #3 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:46:28 PM by Buckler
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 03, 2013, 10:06:49 AM
No no, I mean the actual server folder.
I can do the Open Spy patch, but I can't really do it if there isn't even a dedicated server folder to place it in :P

Sorry I wasn't clear  :slap:

thats what i meant.

The registry entries have nothing to do with running the server software.

Install it anywhere, and just copy the folder over, and run it from the folder.

Here is the 1.0 server folder in zip format:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=608

use can use battlebelks 1.2 ESL folder to get the 1.2 exe if you need it.

if you feel the need to edit registry entries, run "regedit" and search for lucasarts, but it is not necessary
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet