[HELP] Square lasers

Started by Snake, April 12, 2013, 12:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After many tests of this map with normal lasers, the curse on my mod tools strikes again and all of the sudden every single laser turned into squares..

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/127851668
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/127851664
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/127851662

Well, I know this is probably beyond all logic and comprehension, and with no cure, but I figured I'd ask if anyone knew what in the world I'm supposed to do.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Just for simplicity and because I despise xfire, here are the pictures. :P Looks like a peculiar problem.  ??? Nice looking map though :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Funny, I know, how to make square blast bolts, but not how to loose them :D.
To make this bug, you just need to add tga, named lightglow.tga. So, if you delete it, or rename it, this bug, will gone...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on April 12, 2013, 01:04:02 PM
Just for simplicity and because I despise xfire, here are the pictures. :P Looks like a peculiar problem.  ??? Nice looking map though :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks. :P Yes, this is my unannounced pastime project while I am waiting on a few skins for Hyperion.

Quote from: Sereja on April 12, 2013, 01:26:29 PM
Funny, I know, how to make square blast bolts, but not how to loose them :D.
To make this bug, you just need to add tga, named lightglow.tga. So, if you delete it, or rename it, this bug, will gone...

Hmm.. I don't quite understand.. I just create any tga named lightglow and then delete it?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

No, if you do not have this tga, so this bug probably caused by something else...

Lol, thats a bug I'd almost want to keep...
I've never experienced this before (I have got black cubes as small as ice though), I don't know how in the world that could happen... Is it because you modified the sides? Or some weird, totally wack, world glitch..?

-- On a side note
I think it's national technology go evil day...
My phone was totally goofed up and I couldn't do anything with it today, I just learned that GameMaker doesn't really support online gameplay like it is supposed to be (which ruins 3 games I was working on), and my new tommy gun sniper rifle model, WILL. NOT. TEXTURE.

I'd search for that tga file sereja was talking about.

April 12, 2013, 03:32:45 PM #6 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:57:47 PM by Snake
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 12, 2013, 02:36:12 PM
Lol, thats a bug I'd almost want to keep...
I've never experienced this before (I have got black cubes as small as ice though), I don't know how in the world that could happen... Is it because you modified the sides? Or some weird, totally wack, world glitch..?

-- On a side note
I think it's national technology go evil day...
My phone was totally goofed up and I couldn't do anything with it today, I just learned that GameMaker doesn't really support online gameplay like it is supposed to be (which ruins 3 games I was working on), and my new tommy gun sniper rifle model, WILL. NOT. TEXTURE.

I'd search for that tga file sereja was talking about.

It's nothing I did, I had only edited the Alliance side but both teams' (and turrets and ships) lasers were square.. It makes no sense..

--

I found lightglow in common effects. I tried renaming it to see what happens.. will see in a second..

--EDIT
No change.. :/ Any other ideas?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Are you sure its the sides? Or is it your computer?
You could ask someone to try the map and see if the lasers are squares. If not, then it is your computer.  :)

Well that raises the question: why would my computer randomly decide to make lasers squares?  :blink:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, as you probably know, blaster bolt, content 2 tga's.
One of them, you may rename as you want and need only add this name in ordance odf:
LaserTexture = "redlaser_E"
Second texture, named lightglow.tga, stored somewhere inside the game (common.lvl or exe,... not sure), so you can change only additive color of it:
LaserGlowColor = "254 6 18 100"
So, this tga, have some alpha channel, which represent shape, of the laser glow. If you rename any other tga, in your Side or World1 folder, in to lightglow.tga, the game stop read stock tga, and add some no alpha channel tga as shape of the laser. As result - square (non transparent) laser glow pics.
The real mistery, why game start read some no alpha channel lightglow.tga, if you do not have it, in your folders...

Ahhh! I found the lightglow. I had copied some SWBF2 effects and lightglow was in there. I shall rename it and hope this works!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I renamed both lightglows and that didnt work so I deleted all the SWBF2 effects and it still didnt work..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Maybe, you need to try click "Clean", before "Munge"...

I did but don't worry about it, Its just the mod tools curse. :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder