Console sales numbers September/November 2012

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 16, 2012, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thought this  list of lifetime sales might be an interesting for a few people, I found it interesting anyway. :)
PS2                                   153.6m
DS                                    152.5m
Gameboy/gameboy colour   118.69m
PS1                                    102.49
Wii                                     97.18m
Gameboy Advance               81.51m
PSP                                     73.9m
PS3                                     70m
X-box 360                            70m
NES                                     69.91m
SNES                                   49.1m
3DS                                     22.19m
PSvita                                  2.2m

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Did you skip gamecube, or am I blind?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I don't know the figures for gamecube but i don't think it's in the top 10.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Some people don't realize how groundbreaking the PS2 was at its time. The jump from PS1 to PS2 was so big it single handedly killed the Dreamcast. Nothing came close in graphics like the ps2, it even rivaled PC hardware at its price point.

The graphics difference was so astounding at the time and the games released on the platform were some of the best ever made. Final Fantasy X has a special place in my heart.

The PS2 sales are complete justified in my opinion and I'm glad it's on top.

Also in Japan the console sales are completely different than America. The xbox 360 is very, very unpopular in Japan. The PS2 consistently outsells the xbox 360 in Japan to this day because of how unpopular the console is. Many of the JRPGs are released only on the PS3 because many developers don't even bother trying to get game sales from xbox. They generally don't like "American" stuff. Shooters aren't popular there either.

#TYBG