The start of SWBFgamers.com

Started by Shazam, August 31, 2012, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Today I got to day dreaming (I do that a lot) and got to thinking about SWBFgamers. I am very curious as to how this site came to be what it is today.

Who's idea was it? When was the site created? Who were the first forum staff? What were the first forum topics?

I think some others may be curious too. :)

It used to be MPC Gamers for one thing.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Well, I know it was started when the SWBF community on MPCgamers.com split and was given over to Led. I do not know all the history behind MPCgamers though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

MPCGamers used to be another forum called MXG. Verik should know, he was one of the dinosaurs form that time.

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 31, 2012, 02:27:54 PM
It used to be MPC Gamers for one thing.
So, was this website MPCgamers at one point? Then it just got renamed?

Quote from: Snake on August 31, 2012, 02:28:58 PM
Well, I know it was started when the SWBF community on MPCgamers.com split and was given over to Led. I do not know all the history behind MPCgamers though.
SWBFgamers was orgininally the SWBF community on MPCgamers? Then, Buckler decided to make this site? I thought JK made this.

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just curious. :)
I've never truely understood how this site was created or split or whatever.  :wacko:

MPC Gamers split into Jedkiller's Creative Matrix, an Art forum, and continued the modding into swbfgamers
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

MPCGamers was based on general gaming and had a big SWBF modding community. Then they decided they didnt want us so Led took us up as SWBFGamers.  :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on August 31, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
MPCGamers was based on general gaming and had a big SWBF modding community. Then they decided they didnt want us so Led took us up as SWBFGamers.  :P
Quote from: jdee-barc on August 31, 2012, 02:52:18 PM
MPC Gamers split into Jedkiller's Creative Matrix, an Art forum, and continued the modding into swbfgamers
Oh, okay. MPCgamers had a big SWBF community, and MPCgamers decided they didn't want us anymore, so Buckler made this site for the SWBF community to join? I'm confused on how JK and the Creative Matrix come into this. Did it just help get more modders on MPCgamers, which made MPCgamers decide they didn't want us there anymore?

August 31, 2012, 03:50:23 PM #8 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:52:11 PM by Regent
Quote from: -=[Sha-Zam]=- on August 31, 2012, 03:16:02 PM
Oh, okay. MPCgamers had a big SWBF community, and MPCgamers decided they didn't want us anymore, so Buckler made this site for the SWBF community to join? I'm confused on how JK and the Creative Matrix come into this. Did it just help get more modders on MPCgamers, which made MPCgamers decide they didn't want us there anymore?
JK and many core members of MPC had lost interest in SWBF completely, unfortunately we quickly found that there weren't any other games we all played so we went for the Art theme (Creative Matrix) for kicks. Activity is low but it allows the dinosaurs to keep connected.
SWBF Gamers was made for the core die-hards who were still interested in SWBF.

SWBFmac       started by Weili for mac SWBF players  (I joined this website first so that I could get mod maps)
MacXgamers   professionally hosted; crashed and was restarted a couple of times, was owned by Weili
MPCgamers    JediKiller took over the reigns of the website; started out as SWBF only, but evolved
SWBFgamers  set up for me by Jedikiller who continues to help out when needed; JediKiller runs Creative Matrix where some of the old members hang out

You can actually find some of the old web sites.  I think JediKiller now owns SWBFmac.  You can read some of those old posts and things.  You will even recognize some names that are still here.

We are about 1.5 years into a 3 year lease on the domain name and website.  After that, I will renew the site for ten more years.  If anyone is still left we can see what to do next :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 31, 2012, 05:22:40 PM #10 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:24:33 PM by -=[Sha-Zam]=-
Ok, it all adds up now. Thanks, everyone!

Quote from: Buckler on August 31, 2012, 04:12:29 PM
We are about 1.5 years into a 3 year lease on the domain name and website.  After that, I will renew the site for ten more years.  If anyone is still left we can see what to do next :P
I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.  :cheers:

EDIT: Who knows, maybe I'll be a great modder by then. :P  Long live SWBFgamers! :happy:

Quote from: Buckler on August 31, 2012, 04:12:29 PM
SWBFmac       started by Weili for mac SWBF players  (I joined this website first so that I could get mod maps)
MacXgamers   professionally hosted; crashed and was restarted a couple of times, was owned by Weili
MPCgamers    JediKiller took over the reigns of the website; started out as SWBF only, but evolved
SWBFgamers  set up for me by Jedikiller who continues to help out when needed; JediKiller runs Creative Matrix where some of the old members hang out

You can actually find some of the old web sites.  I think JediKiller now owns SWBFmac.  You can read some of those old posts and things.  You will even recognize some names that are still here.

I remember jk telling me that this site was before swbfmac...
http://z7.invisionfree.com/SWBF_GR_Discussion/index.php?s=c2f9d67a242c1241bd3ad169f6cc29d8&
Also created by welli.
And I also don't plan on leaving now anytime soon! LONG LIVE SWBFGAMERS!!!

Quote from: -=[Sha-Zam]=- on August 31, 2012, 02:05:15 PM
I think some others may be curious too. :)
Bullseye, I always pondered the same things, and it kinda bugged me. But thanks everyone for making it clear (well, clearer than it was before :P)
Quote from: -=[Sha-Zam]=- on August 31, 2012, 05:22:40 PMI don't plan on leaving anytime soon.  :cheers:
Same here. :tu:
Favorite word:
Awesome!
Wahnsinn!
Impresionante!
отлично!
Toppen!
Magnifique!
!מדהים
酷毙了!
Przerażające!