low gravity tanks

Started by {PLA}gdh92, April 15, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I played Dune sea in single player earlier and came across this (I have the same problem with Ord Mantell);

http://www.xfire.com/video/56528c/

As far as I know I haven't downloaded any mods that would affect it. The only mods I have other than maps are swbfgamers update and SWBFsleepkiller edition which isn't installed. It works fine online when I join a game.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

One of my mod maps has the same problem.. Weird
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

looks like you have a problem.... does it always do that? even with the empire vehicles?

Isolate the variables find the LVL causing the problem then we can run some tests and find a fix.

Also don't let those pilots visit the cantina before driving..

It looks like all tanks on all the teams are the same aswell as speeder bikes http://www.xfire.com/video/5656df/ . AT-STs and snowspeeders are fine.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Then it's obvious whatever the root of this problem is, only affects EntityHover vehicles and not Flyers or Walkers.

With no mods installed that narrows it down to an internal code bug, no fix for this sorry. Another possibility is the game doesn't have enough memory/fast enough CPU for the hovers thus generating this bug, unlikely but possible I would have thought walkers would get mucked up first.

April 17, 2012, 09:03:34 AM #8 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:07:03 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Quote from: SleepKiller on April 16, 2012, 03:12:06 PM
Another possibility is the game doesn't have enough memory/fast enough CPU for the hovers thus generating this bug, unlikely but possible I would have thought walkers would get mucked up first.

It shouldn't be the memory/cpu but it could be something to do with my new pc (I haven't played single player much since getting it it). Here are some basic specs;

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Is there a file I can look at to see if somethings accidentally been changed by a mod?

Thanks Led but everything else works fine so I don't think thats the problem, I only wrote about the pc on the off chance someone had a similar computer with the same problem. The only problem windows 7 gives me is I can't use zeroedit, but thats another problem. :)

I was just thinking it could be a mod you thought you removed but was actually still stuck in the Virtual Store.  That issue plauged Roland for a couple of weeks.  Even re-installing his game did not clean out the Virtual Store.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet