To Mapmakers: Want some sides?

Started by Napseeker, November 06, 2010, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 06, 2010, 03:34:35 AM Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:53:11 AM by Napseeker
:moo:

Alright, this idea has been on the back of my mind for the past year and I haven't had much time to do anything about it until now...

To encourage more mapping for SWBF1, or at the very least, perhaps to give any mapper out there right now a bit more support and some snazz to add to their mapping project, I would like to offer all of the sides from my various past mods up for free use by any SWBF1 mapper.

No I don't mean the source files to the sides, I just don't have the motivation or time to dig those up. And most of the  stuff was not meant to ever be released in source form anyway. However, if you already have any of my maps/mods they of course come with the rep.lvl and cis.lvl files.  I'll give blanket permission to use any of the units contained within those REP and CIS lvl files and so, you can take the LVL and bundle it with your map when you release it.  You only have to make sure you include the proper credits (read the mod's readme file where I list out the credits) in your own readme that comes with your map.

I will (gradually) make a public list of the names you would need to call in your mission LUA so that you can load them on to your map.  For example, if you wanted to make use of my custom Kit Fisto in your map, you'd load the rep.lvl from my Execution at Geonosis 1.0 map and use:
AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_kitfisto",1)

Or if you wanted Padme as your hero:
SetHeroClass(REP, "rep_inf_padme_geonosis")

The episode 2 Obi-Wan?
AddUnitClass(REP, "rep_inf_obi-wan_eps2",1)

You get the idea... they're yours to play with.  Obviously in their munged form, you would not be able to alter their weapons or powers or do any customization ALTHOUGH, if you wish to make changes to their weapons via hex-editing, I will also permit you to modify the weapons that way and release the hex-edited rep.lvl (again, so long as credits are still listed in your readme).  I actually tested this out myself last year when I hex-edited my own EAG1 REP.lvl to give the eps2 Anakin a different lightsaber weapon than his normal one (I gave him Mace's purple saber if I remember correctly) so I know this is possible.

EDIT: Okay, here's an example. From the forthcoming Execution at Geonosis 2.0 beta, here would be the public list of all the units and the weapons that now that you know their names, you could load into your map via the mission LUA:

EAG2 SOLDIERS / HEROES:

gar_inf_soldier                                                               
   gar_inf_vanguard     
   rep_inf_aaylasecura                                                           
   rep_inf_anakin_eps2                                                           
   rep_inf_anakin_eps2_coruscant                                                 
   rep_inf_anakin_eps2_tcm                                                       
   rep_inf_anakin_hero                                                           
   rep_inf_arc_trooper                                                           
   rep_inf_arc_trooper_blue                                                     
   rep_inf_clone_captain                                                         
   rep_inf_clone_commander                                                       
   rep_inf_clone_pilot                                                           
   rep_inf_clone_sharpshooter                                                   
   rep_inf_clone_trainee_assault                                                 
   rep_inf_clone_trainee_blue                                                   
   rep_inf_clone_trainee_pilot                                                   
   rep_inf_clone_trainee_red                                                     
   rep_inf_clone_trooper                                                         
   rep_inf_clone_trooper_heavy_gunner                                           
   rep_inf_clone_trooper_heavy_gunner_kam                                       
   rep_inf_clone_troopernoh            <- "noh" means "no helmet"                                         
   rep_inf_clone_troopernoh_heavy_gunner                                         
   rep_inf_droid_r2d2                                                           
   rep_inf_heavyweapons_trooper                                                 
   rep_inf_jedi_coleman_trebor                                                   
   rep_inf_jedi_rodian_geo                                                       
   rep_inf_jedi_tarados_gon                                                     
   rep_inf_jedimale                                                             
   rep_inf_jedimaleb                                                             
   rep_inf_jedimaley                                                             
   rep_inf_jet_trooper                                                           
   rep_inf_kaminoan_cloner_blue                                                 
   rep_inf_kiadi_mundi                                                           
   rep_inf_kitfisto                                                             
   rep_inf_lunduli                                                               
   rep_inf_macewindu                                                             
   rep_inf_macewindu_real                                                       
   rep_inf_npc_agen_kolar                                                       
   rep_inf_npc_kitfisto                                                         
   rep_inf_npc_yoda                                                             
   rep_inf_obi-wan_eps2                                                         
   rep_inf_padme_geonosis                                                       
   rep_inf_padme_geonosis_hero                                                   
   rep_inf_padme_nightgown                                                       
   rep_inf_plo_koon                                                             
   rep_inf_roth-del_masona                                                       
   rep_inf_sephjet_josall                                                       
   rep_inf_shaakti                                                               
   rep_inf_sora_bulq                                                             
   rep_inf_yoda_unleashed                                                       
   tat_inf_moisture_farmer1                                                     
   tat_inf_moisture_farmer2                                                     
   tat_inf_moisture_farmer3                                                     
   tat_inf_tusken_female1                                                       
   tat_inf_tusken_female2                                                       
   tat_inf_tusken_guard                                                         
   tat_inf_tusken_hunter                                                         
   tat_inf_tusken_raider                                                         

WEAPONS:
   gar_weap_inf_health_dispenser                                                 
   gar_weap_inf_pistol                                                           
   gar_weap_inf_rifle                                                           
   gar_weap_inf_thermaldetonator                                                 
   gar_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher                                                 
   jedi_weap_homing_force_pull                                                   
   jedi_weap_homing_saber                                                       
   jedi_weap_homing_saber_green_strong                                           
   jedi_weap_homing_saber_green_weak                                             
   jedi_weap_inf_debris_chargeup                                                 
   jedi_weap_inf_force_crush                                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_force_crush_weak                                               
   jedi_weap_inf_force_pull                                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_forceheal                                                       
   jedi_weap_inf_forcepush                                                       
   jedi_weap_inf_forcepush_weak                                                 
   jedi_weap_inf_forcepush_yoda                                                 
   jedi_weap_inf_forcepush1                                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_forcepush2                                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_forcequake                                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_lightning                                                       
   jedi_weap_inf_mine_dispenser                                                 
   jedi_weap_inf_orbital_attack_starfighter                                     
   jedi_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser                                               
   jedi_weap_inf_remote_saber_blue                                               
   jedi_weap_inf_saber_land_and_spin                                             
   jedi_weap_inf_saber_spinning_blue                                             
   jedi_weap_inf_saber_spinning_green                                           
   jedi_weap_inf_saberthrow_strong_blue                                         
   jedi_weap_inf_saberthrow_strong_green                                         
   jedi_weap_inf_saberthrowfast_blue                                             
   jedi_weap_inf_saberthrowfast_green                                           
   jedi_weap_inf_staffattack      <- double-sided green lightsaber                                               
   jedi_weap_inf_training_ball                                                   
   jedi_weap_inf_training_ball_float                                             
   jedi_weap_inf_vehicle_sabotage                                               
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_blue_a                                                   
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_blue_d_prim                                             
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_green_a                                                 
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_green_d_prim                                             
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_green_da                                                 
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_purple_a                                                 
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_purple_d_prim                                           
   jedi_weap_lightsaber_purple_da                                               
   rep_weap_inf_arc_pistol                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_arccaster                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_arccaster_astromech                                             
   rep_weap_inf_binoculars                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_chaingun                                                         
   rep_weap_inf_cis_rifle                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_cis_riflemelee_attack                                           
   rep_weap_inf_commando_pistol                                                 
   rep_weap_inf_crackgrenade                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_forcepush                                                       
   rep_weap_inf_fusioncutter                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_fusioncutter_r2d2                                               
   rep_weap_inf_haywiredetonator                                                 
   rep_weap_inf_health100_dispenser                                             
   rep_weap_inf_kamino_pistol                                                   
   rep_weap_inf_kamino_shock_grenade                                             
   rep_weap_inf_knife_throw                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_melee_attack                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_mine_dispenser                                                   
   rep_weap_inf_mortar_launcher                                                 
   rep_weap_inf_multigrenade_attack                                             
   rep_weap_inf_orbital_attack_gunship                                           
   rep_weap_inf_pistol                                                           
   rep_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser                                               
   rep_weap_inf_remote_charge_dispenser                                         
   rep_weap_inf_remotedroid                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_remotedroid_blaster                                             
   rep_weap_inf_remotedroid_destruct                                             
   rep_weap_inf_rifle                                                           
   rep_weap_inf_rocket_launcher                                                 
   rep_weap_inf_sniperrifle                                                     
   rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator                                                 
   rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator_fast                                           
   rep_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher                                                 
   rep_weap_lightsaber                                                           
   rep_weap_lightsaberb                                                         
   rep_weap_lightsaberg                                                         
   rep_weap_lightsaberr                                                         
   rep_weap_lightsabery                                                         
   tat_weap_inf_boobytrap_dispenser                                             
   tat_weap_inf_flamegrenade                                                     
   tat_weap_inf_melee_attack                                                     
   tat_weap_inf_multiflame_attack                                               
   tat_weap_inf_staffattack                                                     
   tat_weap_inf_staffthrow                                                       
   tat_weap_inf_tuskenrifle                                                     
   tat_weap_inf_tuskensniperrifle                                               

This list is 80% compatible with EAG1.0 so you could make use of this right now to load up some EAG1 units into your map (the newer stuff are the Jedi weapons and new Jedi so these won't be available in the 1.0 REP.lvl, you'll have to wait until EAG2 is out).   Note that the REP is jam-packed with units and to avoid problems with the munger, I had to move some of the unit REQs to other REQs e.g. if you wanted to load any of these units:
      "rep_inf_jet_trooper"
      "rep_inf_kiadi_mundi"
      "rep_inf_lunduli"
      "rep_inf_aaylasecura"
      "rep_inf_shaakti"
      "rep_inf_kitfisto"
      "rep_inf_obi-wan_eps2"
      "rep_inf_anakin_eps2"
      "rep_inf_yoda_unleashed"
      "rep_inf_jedi_rodian_geo"
      "rep_inf_jedi_tarados_gon"
      "rep_inf_jedi_coleman_trebor"
You would have to make sure to edit your mission LUa to load the jettrooper e.g.
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_basic",
"rep_inf_macewindu",
"rep_inf_jet_trooper");  <---- include the jettrooper or none of the jedi in that above list would load in the map

I thank you on behalf of all the SWBF1 mappers I know. As for my self I have found a niche with something as simple as a the stock wookie model to use online with others in servers that don't have my changes.

Thank you so much Napseeker.Now i can make the great Geonosis map thanks to you.Oh there is one problem that i discover in the Geonosis arena interior if i remember.Once i experiment around and i place in the arena gunship and when i try to fly away from the arena just when i was close to the top i hit a invisible wall and i can leave the arena.Is possible to check this because i wanna make the original Geonosis map to have arena.This will be cool.If you find bug can you fix it and send me the arena models?
none

Not sure I understand what you mean - the arena should prevent you from leaving (at least my arena is supposed to prevent any flyers from leaving the arena which is the battlefield).  If you mean for your own map, you can set the max height in your mission LUA to something higher...

The stadium assets are from GT, just post a request for them over in their help me find an asset thread.

:o is the arena supposed to be so big that when i place it in zeroedit, it covers up half the map?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)