Stock Streams Munge Error

Started by Ty294, June 19, 2021, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 19, 2021, 12:12:40 PM Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:23:38 PM by Ty294
Hey guys, I seem to have this ongoing issue that I just cannot solve, and that doesn't seem to have an easy to find solution. Basically I've gotten almost everything down sound-wise, except that for some reason my tools refuse to locate stock streams. This has resulted in me not being able to load the stock voiceovers or stock music. Here is an example of the error:

Quotesoundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file ..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_start01.wav  - while munging D:\BF1ModdingStation\BFBuilder\DataGeoCan\Sound\worlds\GeoCan\phobosgcw_music.stm
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to open file ..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_start01.wav, format may be invalid  - while munging D:\BF1ModdingStation\BFBuilder\DataGeoCan\Sound\worlds\GeoCan\phobosgcw_music.stm
soundflmunge.exe : Error : Unable to read file list D:\BF1ModdingStation\BFBuilder\DataGeoCan\Sound\worlds\GeoCan\phobosgcw_music.stm  - while munging D:\BF1ModdingStation\BFBuilder\DataGeoCan\Sound\worlds\GeoCan\phobosgcw_music.stm

This is what the .stm file looks like:

// ----- Ambient Bleed Music -----
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_start01.wav all_hot_amb_start01
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_start02.wav all_hot_amb_start02
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_start03.wav all_hot_amb_start03
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_middle.wav all_hot_amb_middle
..\hot\Streams\HothRebAmbMid2.WAV all_hot_amb_middle02
..\hot\Streams\HothRebAmbMid3.WAV all_hot_amb_middle03
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_end.wav all_hot_amb_end
..\hot\Streams\HothImpAmbStart3.WAV imp_hot_amb_start02
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_middle01.Wav imp_hot_amb_middle01
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_middle02.Wav imp_hot_amb_middle02
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_end.Wav imp_hot_amb_end
// ----- Ambient Vehicle Music
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_veh01.wav all_hot_amb_veh01
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_veh02.wav all_hot_amb_veh02
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_veh03.wav all_hot_amb_veh03
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_veh01.Wav imp_hot_amb_veh01
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_veh02.Wav imp_hot_amb_veh02
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_veh03.Wav imp_hot_amb_veh03
// ----- Win Lose Music -----
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_defeat.wav all_hot_amb_defeat
..\hot\Streams\all_hot_amb_victory02.wav all_hot_amb_victory02
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_victory.Wav imp_hot_amb_victory
..\hot\Streams\imp_hot_amb_defeat.Wav imp_hot_amb_defeat

I'm frankensteining various things together for this sound setup, so I'm using files from Phobos's music making tool. So that's why it looks like that if you are wondering.

In any case, I'm pretty sure all the .reqs and such are lined-up perfectly, it's just the munge does not like to load stock streams files themselves. Anyone know why this might be and what the solution is?

EDIT: I'm realizing it might be that Streams have to be loaded in locally on each map, but if that's the case then it I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that. Thanks.