mos taike beta preview.

Started by wsa30h, June 22, 2019, 11:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
this is a preview version of my map currently the map is in the beta stage but i need feedback so please leave any feed back here.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

June 22, 2019, 05:23:43 PM #1 Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:25:23 PM by African with 2 Kalishnakov
1. I definitely think the map needs vehichles

2. The map needs to be expanded with more CPs. Right now it's six CPs: Two for one side two for the other and two contested ones in the middle. The problem is, both the contested CPs are out in the open which gives droidekas a crushing advantage. It's a little too simplistic which makes the gameplay too vanilla. One of the contested CPs in the middle (the one that's less central) needs to have a bunch of buildings put around it so that different troop types can shine.

Right now the map is somewhat of a line, with combat occuring only in the middle. More CPs need need to be added so that the map is more of a circle. This will vary combat and ad complexity. This is probably the most important addition to make.

3. If you want to take the time, you can add more eye candy, but you were probably going to do that anyway.

Thats all I can think of. Thanks for asking  ;)

i would need custom sounds to add vehicles to the map since the map is cross era.
if anyone could make such sounds let me know i tried and failed to make sounds.
-- bf1 tcw battles

June 23, 2019, 12:08:39 PM #3 Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:40:30 AM by wsa30h
here is a new improved version 
-- bf1 tcw battles

It's definitely better with the neutrals added. Idk but for some reason it's still weighted against the empire in both eras. It may be because the CIS and the Republic start with one more CP than the Empire does, but that may not make a difference. You could play around with that to see if it changes anything.

It may just be that with so many troops on the battlefield some factions just have an advantage. But that wouldn't make very much sense in the case of the Republic vs the Empire.

June 26, 2019, 02:20:54 AM #5 Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:09:28 AM by wsa30h
i added a few troops to the empire i noticed that as well. i also modified were each faction spawns so i will see if that helps seems to help with rebublic vs empire a bit.
thanks for playing!
-- bf1 tcw battles

I'll be honest, some people are busy, and won't download mods if there aren't videos or images to be seen beforehand.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

June 27, 2019, 05:07:19 AM #8 Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:10:15 AM by wsa30h
thats a fair point thanks anthony.
you wouldnt know someone who made a cross era mod for battlefront 1 would you ?
-- bf1 tcw battles