porting bf2 map to bf1 ?

Started by wsa30h, February 16, 2019, 01:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to port a battlefront 2 map to battlefront 1 ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Yes, although at this point all of the SWBF2 maps have been ported by several different people, bar the space maps.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

The answer is yes, it is possible. Although some modders have managed to convert maps from SWBF2 to SWBF1, there's no specific tutorial (there was one long time ago but I think it is inactive). I'm one of many who has done it, but to convert the maps I had to do things a bit on my own: having few tutorials I had to do some research and find out how I could convert each element from each map + ask in the forum. At same time it implies having some LUA knowledge to edit mission files, map edition in addition to having some handling with XSI Softimage Mod Tool, etc. It seems difficult, it's not what some people thinks but for me it was laborious and I had to have a lot of patience.

However, I learned a lot by converting the maps and the result is more than satisfactory if you know what to do. If you want to take a look at my converted maps, here you can find them: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12851.0 :)
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

February 16, 2019, 03:11:55 PM #3 Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:28:31 PM by wsa30h
nice but i was hoping to port one of my own maps. so there isnt a tutorial anymore huh i guess it must be hard to port. well thanks i will play your maps tommorow. Actually Red04 (CC-4398) is there any chance i could get your assets maybe it would help me understand how you done it.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh