fake console for bf1

Started by wsa30h, February 11, 2019, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 11, 2019, 08:23:58 AM Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:48:07 AM by wsa30h
is there a fake console for the first battlefront game ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

There is, however, due to the way the console in BF1 was designed, you cannot use it ingame except for toggleholos.  You can use all the console commands in SPTest, however. You need a modified common.lvl with the Fake Console button unhidden.

My theory is that it has something to do with writing results to protected or a nonexistent memory location, but I have no clue how to prove or substantiate that and I'm no way an expert.  In SPTest, the thing writes the result of the command on the screen, but in the regular .exe, it can't do that.  And then it crashes. :(  Toggleholos is the only command that does not use the green screen console writing function.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

There is also a Free Camera mode that can be used.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

thank you i guess were stuck without it for now .
-- bf1 tcw battles

Stuck without it forever, honestly. At least that should be the expectation. The prospect of injecting all-new lua commands is beyond pretty much anyway in the community.

/sadface

that is unfortunate are you the same teancum from gametoast ?
-- bf1 tcw battles