Serejas Polar Express

Started by Sereja, February 09, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 09, 2014, 02:33:37 PM Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:41:18 PM by Sereja
Serejas Polar Express

Brilliant! Explosive! Must See!

POLAR EXPRESS.
------------------------

This is my SWBF map: Polar Express.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1112

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Features:
1. My models, effects, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. some weapon are chargable;
3. 5th weapon added;
4. 2nd, locals added;
5. stock side mission.lvl added;
6. SWBF2 sound effects added;
7. SWBF2 unit animation added.
8. Fancy retro movie style added;

Instalation:

1. Put the 029 folder in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

My map, as usualy, overload by effects, so, if you use slow PC, you have to use stock sides mission.lvl from my Stock_Sides folder, put it, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\029\Data\_lvl_pc folder, make backup first.

Story:

CW
Some supernatural activity, was detected in the Polar Express, so passengers, have to investigate this weird events. Seems, the only way to detect unwelcomed invaders - check if everyone have a Golden Ticket...

GCW
Stock.

Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2. Muzzleflash effects, in some reason absorbed by reflection regions, so, may dissapear.
3. CW era train sound not works. Reason unknown.

Enjoy!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

The one time I want to SWBF with me, and I can't play it... :(

Ah well, I'l play it next week! I'm off on the 17th. I can't wait to play another one of Sereja's marvelous works of art! :D

This map.....its so much fun and refreshing!!!! awesome work sereja!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

It goes without saying this is one of the best SWBF1 mod maps ever developed. Excellent work Sereja :cheers:

Thank's guys! :)
Making moving train effect, was most interesting experiment, but now, we know - it's possible. 8)
Actualy, I think, this joke map, could be a nice entry for the future Christmas or Halloween contest, if you ever start any, so may count my project in ;).

Quote from: Phobos on February 10, 2014, 04:27:31 AM
It goes without saying this is one of the best SWBF1 mod maps ever developed. Excellent work Sereja :cheers:

Something we can both agree on!

Another brilliant map Sereja.
It looks amazing and it plays well. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

February 10, 2014, 12:35:31 PM #8 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:55:55 AM by Phobos
the floating brain msh is super cool too. screensaver attached

Quote from: boomjohnson on August 23, 2014, 03:43:38 PM
cute
Almost as cute as being banned from FC servers

So what do we get if we win? I never asked that question before.
Quote from: Sereja on February 09, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!

Also, how did you get the train/terrain to move like that?  Is it a scrolling msh on the terrain?  But that wouldn't make sense because it actually seems to be... moving, and yet, it's not.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Awesome looking map.
Again, you are doing things no one else has before.
I look forward to getting killed on your train.

Quote from: Sereja on February 09, 2014, 02:33:37 PMEaster Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 12, 2014, 05:35:56 AMSo what do we get if we win? I never asked that question before.

You win the internet :P
(I've never found one of Mr. Sereja's easter eggs so I don't know.)

I found this one, and I found a couple others too (I enjoy the adventure.)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thank's! :)
Seems, I still can make a beauty maps! 8)
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 12, 2014, 05:35:56 AM
So what do we get if we win? I never asked that question before.
Hmm... My respect.
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 12, 2014, 05:35:56 AM
Also, how did you get the train/terrain to move like that?  Is it a scrolling msh on the terrain?  But that wouldn't make sense because it actually seems to be... moving, and yet, it's not.
Yes, it is a scrolling, mixed with emissive (without it, scroling give a "multiply shadow" bug, if you play with shadow quality high). Moving hills, arcs and lamp posts - it's an autoturret ordance, sinchronized with scroling speed. Actualy, scroll sinchronizing, was most hard thing to do, specialy, with window blinking lights.
Tips: if you want more brain - play with heroes on. ;)

I reinstalled SWBF just to play this map, and I must say that I was quite satisfied.

Brilliant work, I would definitely claim this is the best mod map for Star Wars Battlefront I've ever played. I personally loved the movie, and realize how hard it is to be movie accurate.. Spot on, thank you for sharing your talent with us once again! -- I have of yet to find your Easter egg though..

Thank's! :)
Making props, wasn't realy hard, it's just takes lot of free time.
By the way, here the more new version:http://www.mediafire.com/download/1loezb8c2o9n22w/Serejas_Polar_Express.rar
Stock CW train sound should be fixed, and I guess gameplay was changed a little bit, so defeating splicers, isn't so easy now...