Kashyyyk: Beachhead (BF2)

Started by ggctuk, September 22, 2009, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 22, 2009, 03:19:18 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:48:52 PM by Buckler
Kashyyyk: Beachhead (BF2)

http://www.SWBFgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=60

The Kashyyyk Beachhead Map, converted from BF2 to BF1. Beta1.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Nice, I was waiting for it on MPC. I'll let you know what the deal is as soon as I'm done installing it.

Scratch that, it's not letting me install it. It won't show up on the desktop, nor in the files where maps usually are when you get them as rar's.

It is downloading perfectly fine for me, i see nothing wrong with the compression or upload.

Perhaps try again?
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Yeah, it worked, just had to try it again. I'll give you my feedback right after I try it out momentarily.

It isn't showing up on my map list. I saved it in the files, then extracted it, then when "KasBF2" showed up, I copied and pasted it into my Add On folder, but it still isn't there. Help?

It's under "Kashyyyk: Beachhead". I don't know why it wouldn't appear on the list. Unless you're playing with an older version of BF1 - The original 1.1 patch does not like folder names longer that 4 characters.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Now both Beachhead is in the add on with KASBF2. I'll see what that does.

I have it working now, and I have noticed a couple of bugs: For one, for some odd reason, there seems to be certain things that work for the AI but not human players. Like, whenever I try to use one of the BF2 turrets, it doesn't fire anything. On the other turret, it fires, but it is extremely short ranged. I watched an AI take out a tank halfway across the map, however. Also, on the snail tank, AI's can shoot more than 1 of the tank's secondary weapon at once, and use it at a distance, unlike when I use it. Then, the other bug, is that the sea wall doesn't drop when the console is broken, as someone else mentioned. But great nonetheless!

September 23, 2009, 12:41:30 AM #10 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:44:18 AM by ggctuk
This mujst be the turret you talk about:

I already pointed out that I copied the setup of the BF2 turrets. The BF2 Beam Turret (the turret that looks like the standard one) has one shot in BF2 only. It annoyed me so I've already changed it.

The Concussion Turret is supposed to be like that - it is a Concussion Mortar Turret. Mortars have a fairly short range, but you can use the ones nearest the bottom CIS CP to take out the Beam Turrets and the IFT-Ts/Combat Speeders - I've done it, you just need to aim above the tanks/turrets and keep trying. There's unlimited ammo for this one, so don't worry.

As for the Sea Wall, I believe linked destroyables to doors are not possible in BF1. The Sea Wall does not have an animation either, it's just a prop (I copied it straight from BF2).

I might see if I can get the BF2 music into this map, but I've never done a music loop before. THe setup's there, so it must work.
In Progress:

On Hold:

September 23, 2009, 01:21:43 AM #11 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:27:45 AM by UNIT33
^Wow ggctuk ! That looks impressive, never-mind it being a total port,
but nevertheless...
Now after playing...
It's great, it feels right !
The sea wall explodes convincingly, the Tanks floating on
water aren't really bothering me, the AI respond well,
this is amazing ! 9/10 !

Wow! Another BFII port, how many are left? Thanks ggtuck. This looks cool with some new vehicles, I hope to try this tonight.

Well, I finally decided to roll out SWBF1 again and try out the new conversions...

This map is awesome. Beachhead was my favourite map in SWBF2, but it really works out in SWBF1, it's much more fun in my opinon.

The only bugs I can think of are what's already been mentioned, terrain textures should be changed a bit, snail tank should be sped up, etc. etc.

Overall, good job porting, SWBF2 maps aren't the best maps, I have to admit, but these SWBF1 counterparts are quite awesome

September 23, 2009, 12:44:56 PM #14 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:50:51 PM by ggctuk
The beta 2 is being uploaded now with some fixes such as the turrets and GCW era fixes.

EDIT: BETA 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0JKUH7U5
In Progress:

On Hold: