Endor no brush

Started by Kit Fisto, April 21, 2012, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering of someone made an online compatible endor with no brush. The one by Phobos isn't online compatible, you couldn't take bases. If someone hasn't could someone make one?

I doubt someone would make make one as it would give you an advantage over other players (you could see mines for one thing). :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Yeah that's the main snag, it gives the user an unfair advantage so I doubt the modders here would find it "ethical".

April 21, 2012, 01:57:31 PM #3 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:11:37 PM by kitfisto15678
I don't play online, I'm not allowed to so you could make it then use the message thing and send it to me only...
The reason I want one is because my stock endor has serious lag.

April 23, 2012, 06:51:50 AM #4 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:55:52 AM by Phobos
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on April 21, 2012, 01:38:49 PM
I was wondering of someone made an online compatible endor with no brush. The one by Phobos isn't online compatible, you couldn't take bases. If someone hasn't could someone make one?

I didn't make the no brush mod, I just uploaded I think cull or someone else made it. And actually it IS online compatible, with hex edits to disable base capturing. However, BFbuilder is all you need to make this.

Ethically speaking, it is not really unfair since any player can use or make a no brush mod for stock maps. The knowledge of how to do this is publicly available, in the documentation/psych0fred's website so everyone has a fair choice whether or not to mod out brush.

I have a Mac...
So could you make it? :shrug:

April 23, 2012, 03:41:43 PM #6 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:13:29 PM by SleepKiller
Quote from: Phobos on April 23, 2012, 06:51:50 AM
Ethically speaking, it is not really unfair since any player can use or make a no brush mod for stock maps. The knowledge of how to do this is publicly available, in the documentation/psych0fred's website so everyone has a fair choice whether or not to mod out brush.
Get a morale recheck, this is why we don't get along. Anyone can search the internet to find an aimbot but it is still cheating. As is with using stuff like this, it's not a matter of whether or not anyone can do it. Not everyone knows about modding sites and thus don't even know mods exist. I know a couple more ways to cheat than you do but I chose not to use them because I like a fair playing field. Stuff like CC light mods and skins I don;t mind since the ones I make don't give an advantage over your foe. Crosshair mods can and the right skin mod can. And not forgetting mods like this give you a big advantage, no mines can be hidden, ppl can't go into prone and hide etc.

EDIT: As a btw I'll complete this request with a SP only map.
EDIT2: If you'd like to keep the bush I could scale down the textures to 32*32. (It won't look very pretty but it won't lag.

EDIT3: Try this on for size. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=548

April 23, 2012, 05:13:07 PM #7 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:19:22 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on April 23, 2012, 03:41:43 PM
Get a morale recheck, this is why we don't get along. Anyone can search the internet to find an aimbot but it is still cheating. As is with using stuff like this, it's not a matter of whether or not anyone can do it. Not everyone knows about modding sites and thus don't even know mods exist. I know a couple more ways to cheat than you do but I chose not to use them because I like a fair playing field. Stuff like CC light mods and skins I don;t mind since the ones I make don't give an advantage over your foe. Crosshair mods can and the right skin mod can. And not forgetting mods like this give you a big advantage, no mines can be hidden, ppl can't go into prone and hide etc.

EDIT: As a btw I'll complete this request with a SP only map.
EDIT2: If you'd like to keep the bush I could scale down the textures to 32*32. (It won't look very pretty but it won't lag.

EDIT3: Try this on for size. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=548

A morale recheck: Editing skins has never and will never be considered cheating in my book.

Just because someone is too lazy to google modding tutorials for this game is not an excuse to call modders and mod users "cheaters" get a grip.

I don't use cheats and I'm sure you think you know more than me about everything in this game don't you? You like to brag about how you are better, how you know more, etc.. but I have proven you wrong on MORE than one occasion when you told me something (mod idea) was IMPOSSIBLE because you are not as innovative as I am. So I don't really care if you think modding textures invisible is a cheat, or modding crosshairs is a cheat, or removing brush is a cheat. I and over 75% of the player base will disagree with you. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I see you just have a completely warped sense of ethics compared to mine. I do not cheat but if using no brush mods is cheating to you then I am a "cheater" only in your eyes.

You seem to be confused about the dfiference between "fair" and "unfair" advantages. Fair advantages are those types of mods which are online compatible, and that any client may use, the choice is theirs. Unfair advantages are mods or hacks which only a limited amount of clients in the server can use, such as autoaim or infinite health for host. The difference is obvious to me and that is pretty much the line where I draw cheating.

Dear God, not again... Discuss this privately please.

Kitfisto, Sleepkillers version will have to do. If there are adjustments you want done please pm him.

Locked.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder