Tunngle not working? Check this thread for advice and help.

Started by Led, November 18, 2012, 08:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you are here, we expect that you have done all the steps here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5511.
look at the image attached to that post, and still do not have it working.

Please contribute to this list if we need to add anything:

Here are some things to double check:

was it windows 7?

1)  did you use the Administrator account to install it? One named administrator with admin privileges, and not another names account with admin privileges?

2)  Did you find the Battlefront Lobby (in Tunngle) and were there other people in it?

3) did you get assigned a virtual IP address? (lower left corner of tunngle window)

4) any error codes?

5) did you get a green or yellow "happy face" show up in the lower right hand corner of the tunngle window?
or a gray one?  check this for gray:  http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Port_Forward

6) Have you tried the tunngle help links?  Start here:
http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Troubleshooting#Can.27t_find-join-host_a_game

Still have trouble?  Please post your error codes and let us know the general issue.  Also, please be sure to tell us what operating system you are using (i.e. Windows 7) and what your tunngle account name is.  (For some reason, sometimes I can see players, but they are not able to see us.)

Thanks Tirpider for contributing to this list.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If you don't know if you're an administrator just go to control panel then add or remove user accounts and it should say below your account name. If you're not an administrator it probably won't let you see that menu anyway. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I might get tunngle, but is it possible to install as administrator as it is to run programs as administrator?

Quote from: Ltin on November 18, 2012, 09:43:12 AM
I might get tunngle, but is it possible to install as administrator as it is to run programs as administrator?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Could you clarify?

Say i wanted to run a program like spybot or malware bytes. For it to truly work well, i would right click on the program, and click run as administrator. Is it possible to install as administrator?

Quote from: Ltin on November 18, 2012, 10:17:07 AM
Say i wanted to run a program like spybot or malware bytes. For it to truly work well, i would right click on the program, and click run as administrator. Is it possible to install as administrator?

You can try it.  If it works then let us know.   When I have installed it on windows XP, I was an admin, but used another account and it worked.  When I installed it on Windows Server 2008, I had to use the actual Administrator account.

Quote from: Ltin on November 18, 2012, 10:17:07 AM

Yes. To install as administrator, right-click the installer and run as administrator.

Quote from: Roxas on November 18, 2012, 11:34:22 AM
Yes. To install as administrator, right-click the installer and run as administrator.
Awsome. I might end up doing that

Good evening,

I tried to set up our publicserver today (finally) but I cannot find it in the serverlist.

1. Yes, it is a Windows rootserver and I used the dedicated server tool.
2. I installed Tunngle on the root and now it is running as administrator.
3. The server is set to "Lan Mode".
4. Me and the rootserver are successfully connected to the Star Wars Battlefront Tunngle channel.
5. Not a single server message has appeared and the server runs correctly.

The servername is "{U.E.F}Public", does anyone of you see it or does it need time to appear?
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

I see a tunngle account called UEFclan, but I don't see the servers.

Open your network connections, and see if you see a "tunngle adaptor" installed.

Tunngle adapter is installed.
I checked it again and it says it couldn't connect to the DNS server. Do I need to edit the DNS IP manually? What shall I do now?

I am going to check the details tomorrow after work, thanks Buckler. Too tired now.

Hey, i have tried to get Tunngle working again.... so i used this: http://www.tunngle.net/community/files/file/3-tunngle-community-troubleshooter/  . And the error i get: 16:23> X86 - 6002
16:23> SERVICE STOP FAIL
16:23> Checking Windows Management Instrumentation...
16:24> RUNNING
16:24> Checking Windows Management Instrumentation...SUCCESS
16:25> Checking Network Connections...
16:26> RUNNING
16:26> Checking Network Connections...SUCCESS
16:27> Configuring  the Tunngle Adapter...
16:34> Device node created. Install is complete when drivers are installed...
Updating drivers for TAP0901T from C:\Program Files\Tunngle\Driver\32bit\OemWin2k.inf.
16:34> Configuring the Tunngle Adapter...FAILED
16:39> * FAIL *
Any ideas how i could fix it?  :confused:

post at the tunngle forum and let us know what they say