SWBF Gaming League

Started by drumcorpbc, March 28, 2010, 03:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Everyone,

I was a long time PC SWBF player and was a member of CORE back in the day.  I've switched over to Mac completely.  One big thing I've noticed about the Mac side is that none of the clans (what few there are) are organized, or know how to organize a match.

I got to thinking about how great it would be to have a gaming league again, much like the old ESL league (if any of you remember that).  Put some structure, rules, standings and fun in the game.

Since SWBF can be played together regardless of platform, does everyone think this is something that would have interesting amongst the Mac and PC clans?

If it does, I would be happy to organize things and help create a site, etc.  Lets see what kind of interest this can generate and we'll get it going.

I'm not sure how much inertia this would build up among both platforms, given how SWBF is on its last legs as a popular multiplayer game.

While the idea has merit and I'd be happy to help out with organization, hosting, etc, I really can't be sure how many people you'd get interested in playing this. The Mac clans are pretty stagnant and/or die out within a few weeks of creation, and I don't keep up with the PC clan scene so I have no idea how many of them there are or which ones would be interested in playing something like this.

If you can get a few clans to commit, then I think that this idea could go places and we'd be happy to sponsor it, but as of now I don't know how many clans would be interested in playing competitively.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Actually, AaTc (The clan im in) is extremely organized, They are also very good. I don't like it when they are included in other non-organized clans. They are also several gaming leagues for swbf1. Like IHQ and SWC. They have mostly failed because not many clans care for things like this. If you get clans to join I'm sure it would be big.

P.S. I know for one that AaTc won't join anything that compromises their rules. So I suggest you use pretty strict rules.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Arr, dis saddens me.  dis whole thing warrs possible about 9 months ago. Back den, I was in me prime. Bucket loads of good players and loyal clan membarrs were out darr.  Aye, Battlefront be on it's last leg but I wouldn't doubt if it be a wooden leg, says I. But I think it was still go'in strong at dee end o' last summer. Tis such a pity. Cuz if I think about it, dis game is only get'n bettarr. Sarry ta say dat I'm not in me prime anymore. I don't 'ave da time ta be in clans no more. But derr was one time when I did 'ave da time. It was rock'n grreat! I'll always :wub: ta game til da end o' time but dats about all I can do nowadays. Just wub it...   9 months ago I would ha been in "evarry" clan and been parrt o' heaps of clan activity. Arrg, dis cuts at da 'eart. Me thinks I go off yonder to rant and rave.
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Quote from: drumcorpbc on March 28, 2010, 03:29:45 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was a long time PC SWBF player and was a member of CORE back in the day.  I've switched over to Mac completely.  One big thing I've noticed about the Mac side is that none of the clans (what few there are) are organized, or know how to organize a match.

I got to thinking about how great it would be to have a gaming league again, much like the old ESL league (if any of you remember that).  Put some structure, rules, standings and fun in the game.

Since SWBF can be played together regardless of platform, does everyone think this is something that would have interesting amongst the Mac and PC clans?

If it does, I would be happy to organize things and help create a site, etc.  Lets see what kind of interest this can generate and we'll get it going.

i know all about that organized thing since im also a mac player. However if you want to play a match whit a mac clan its allways not more then 4 guys from a clan.
I would have some interrest in playing in a match on somebody's side (however im not in a clan anymore XD)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

This has been tried. This has failed miserably. Good luck :xmastim:
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Yeah, I kinda figured I'd be trying it in vain.

Just wanted to see what kind of interest is out there.  It's obvious there isn't enough.

Quote from: drumcorpbc on March 28, 2010, 03:29:45 PM
Put some structure, rules, standings and fun in the game.
Count me in on any fun. I will join with my sides mod that changes swbf1 drastically.

I believe that there is suppose to be a "GGW4" somtime during summer. Not hosted by Sky or Frog however. I dont think that there is any point in making a tourney/league in swbf, to be honest. when i get on swbf, the main clans i see are WUSI, AaTc, FD, PLA, some Wu. (i feel as if im forgeting a few..) but i dont think that many would be signing up. but good luck if you try.

I think that if you want to hold a league type thing. ive had thoughts of starting an in-clan tourney for WUSI, which would allow the members (all ranks) to form a team on their own, and that can include a player or so, from another clan. That way even if the leader of any clan didnt want to sign up their clan for it, the member still had their own choice. i feel as if that would bring together some fine amount of players; opposed to a leauge.