Make SWBFII For Mac!

Started by DunkleSonne AKA: DarkSun, December 13, 2009, 08:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is the deal, SWBF2 will not be ported for Mac unless something makes people want to buy the game, it honestly did not sell that well being why no one bothered to Port it, Beenox the company that ported SWBF1 to Mac, would be the ONLY people to talk to honestly, Asypr does not port that many games, they are more a publisher and they only port high end money makers, Call of Duty 4 for example.

SWBF2 made by Pandemic who is no longer a company so it may not realistically be possible, because Lucas Arts i would assume owns it,  and they don't do anything if it won't make Lucas Arts money, SWBF2 for the mac would not make Lucas Arts any amount of substantial money.

Realistically your just beating a dead horse by asking, people tried it already long ago when the games were much more popular, and it failed.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Yeah but still they should make it for Mac.

Just Buy a pc if you want it so bad; they are less expensive than macs anyway.

Burning Sun, if you want to play SWBF2 that bad, I would highly suggest for you to get a copy of Crossover Games. With that, you can install and run SWBF2 just fine.

#TYBG

um yeeeeeeeee make dis old game 4 a cmputr that not mny ppl use!!!!!
nd its old!!!
Im SO original.
Jesus, it's not even that good of a game.

Quote from: Khyler on February 08, 2010, 07:00:02 PM
um yeeeeeeeee make dis old game 4 a cmputr that not mny ppl use!!!!!
nd its old!!!
Im SO original.
Jesus, it's not even that good of a game.

Agreed, it will never happen and the game itself was half and half- I think there was alot of good stuff in the game, mostly the singleplayer, and the multiplayer was total crap.

Let's face it, the game's 4-5 years old now and Lucasarts has a trend of not caring about their old games, so it'll be left into the dust to die just like Battlefront I.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Let me finish this topic:

Porting this game will be a nightmare. The traditional porting process of a game very lengthy (it took Aspyr over a year to port cod4 and it still is highly flawed) and it is very costly to do. The Mac gaming market is so small and the chances of people buying a 5 year old game at full price isn't high. LucasArts will most likely lose money by porting this. We didn't even take consideration of Multiplayer hosting, mass production, and a whole lot of other requirements to get this game in shelves.

The original developer has been shut down, LucasArts is only interested in milking the franchises that is currently owns, and let's admit it, this game sucks and it's not reaching the standards we expect in a FPS released today.

In other words, no, this game does not belong on the Mac when it is 2010. It's too bad, and it's too late.

#TYBG

Lock this topic please

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

That's why I'm a PC.

Why anyone would ever want a mac, I'll never know.

http://dzivoklis.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mac-shaving-with-bowling-pin.jpg

no offense.