Make SWBFII For Mac!

Started by DunkleSonne AKA: DarkSun, December 13, 2009, 08:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Say I if you would like SWBFII for mac if I get enough signatures we could convince Apple to do something.... yea right. but anyway if it works...

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Apple wouldn't likely do anything. Realistically though, you guys aren't missing out on much... just play it on Crossover Games or Boot Camp if you want it that much. It isn't really worth the effort, to be honest. :(

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

True so true... but I was just posting because I was bored... :) 

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Crossover Games (or the harder yet free alternative, WineSkin) should allow you to install and play SWBF2 just fine on OSX. I've used it myself, however I never really got into SWBF2. I enjoyed the first one better.

#TYBG

Why do that? I mean the Original is so great alone. No need for me to buy one if it ever existed, cause I like my Bespin: Platforms and stuff. Also If I remember, the vhicles on SWBF were much more fun to use. PLus the game physics could be exploited in so many fun ways...

SWBF1is all we need!
But with some better AI.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

December 29, 2009, 05:23:07 AM #5 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:29:24 AM by Hardcore
password: You are forgetting the best way to port games:  This is the star wars battlefront II cider port. I have been playing it for awhile and the only problems are: putting graphic shadows an high will make it lag more then it should, it does crash once and a while in space battles but not often. Last error is it takes 60 to 120 seconds to load a level. But don't let this let you down, I have been playing this for a bit now and it is playable.

[admin]Removed link, sadly it is illegal for a user to upload the "Cider" shell without explicit rights from Transgaming. and thus is illegal and will not be done here.[/admin]

Well you're late to the party, MPCgamers is well aware of Cider, however we do not share the wrappers here. It's technically illegal.

I personally use Cider for A LOT of games. I've attempted to post a few tutorials a while back but it's lost somewhere.

#TYBG

To the Staff.
Thank you for removing the link, I downloaded that port awhile ago from Magaupload and thought it was legal. P.S. I have made a WineSkin port of SWBFII but, it hade graphic error, how did you get around that?

But eh...some guys have allready converted SWBF II to the mac so why ask apple to do the same?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Overall, its an old game, Pandemic is now gone, so porting would likely be much harder then before, if even possible, and no company, (aspyr) would make money off of releasing a game this old for Mac, its like saying well....we want to release Halo 2 on the Mac because no one ever did.....sure you could but why? it wouldn't make them money, and people hardly play it anyway.

In anycase, Apple is in no way the people you would talk to, Beenox is the studio that originally ported SWBF1 and they would be the ones to petition, but at this point its not going to happen.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

yeah i wish they did make SWBF11 for mac its really unfair that they didnt.

Ask AG to explain it to you or ask me about a link (not here)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

someone already tried making a petition a couple years ago somewhere, and nothing hapened.
Anyway, if you really want swbfII just get a PC or crossover.

Ok, first of all Apple has nothing to do with the production of sWBF II. You may wanna talk to Aspyr. They own 60% of the gaming market for macintosh.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Russell on January 23, 2010, 10:02:51 PM
Ok, first of all Apple has nothing to do with the production of sWBF II. You may wanna talk to Aspyr. They own 60% of the gaming market for macintosh.

You can try that, but there probly more concerned with finishing swbfIII than making bfII for the mac.