The oddest problem with Team Fortress 2

Started by SleepKiller, July 30, 2012, 04:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay so I have been starting to get into TF2, great game. (Though there is nothing like a classic SWBF game.) And I am having the most strangest problem. Some of the time when I play, join a server and my internet randomly disconnects a couple minutes later. Sometimes it has a done this longer into a play session. it is becoming quite annoying. And I mean disconnects disconnects I can't access anything, Google, Steam, xFire etc And it only happens when I play TF2. So I was wondering if any of you out there had any idea as to what could be causing this. Thanks for any help.

I myself am beginning to suspect that some super natural being doesn't want me playing TF2 :P

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 30, 2012, 04:11:17 AM

I myself am beginning to suspect that some super natural being doesn't want me playing TF2 :P

You would do well to remember that  :xmastim:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It's a brilliant game. I accidentally get addicted every so often and have ranked up 300 hours, although Soaps' got about 2000.
I still have plenty of time for SWBF though.

I have no idea what your issue could be, despite the fact that I have had soooo many different kinds of errors and crashes on TF2, I have never had that one!

I've had a similar problem with SWBF. About two mounths ago I tried to get on SWBF online, and it would log me into Gamespy just fine, then when I hit internet it would attempt to load the servers, but stay at 0%.

When I tried to make a server, it would let me stay on it for about 1-5 minutes, then randomly crash to the SWBF main menu. The strange part is, that if I waited a good minute or so, without clicking anything it would go into a SP server with the exact same settings and maps as the MP one I launched before.

It was very strange... I too thought supernatural beings were warning me that SWBF was not good for me.  :wacko:

I solved the problem by disconnecting my internet cable and turning off my WiFi, then turning it back on. Sometimes that wouldn't work, so I would just play SP. Later I reinstalled my game and it was perfectly fine.

I guess it's just one of those freak accidents in the game.