How Add The Feature "Exit To Windows" To The Escape Menu In MultiPlayer?

Started by Phobos, October 27, 2011, 03:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Buckler could you possibly consider locking this thread?. I anwsered his question at the begining of this conversation now we are just getting into off topic talk about what a "bug" is.

The question has not yet been answered, you are just trying to get the thread locked.

Re-read the title, I am asking how to add the feature "exit to windows" in the multi-player escape menu. What modifications to make to their respective files. That is all.

guys i offered a suggestion as to how to possibly bypass this. stop arguing. listen to this :P

Quote from: jdee-barc on October 30, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
a better idea would be to have a disconnect option and a disconnect and exit to windows option. it disconnects first, then quits. so no crash. is that a possible idea?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

October 30, 2011, 06:59:54 PM #18 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:07:33 PM by Phobos Developer
There is a certain process that must be followed to add the "exit to windows" option to the multi-player escape menu. Please discuss this and this only because that is the entire focus of this thread.

Thread Primary Objective: Adding the option "exit to windows" to the multi-player escape menu.
Thread Secondary Objective: Modifying the "exit to windows" function to first disconnect from the server before closing game executable.
Solution: Not yet attained.

I hope that makes it clear enough for everyone. I suspect some hex editing on script files might be necessary.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 06:59:54 PM
There is a certain process that must be followed to add the "exit to windows" option to the multi-player escape menu. Please discuss this and this only because that is the entire focus of this thread.

Thread Objective: Adding the option "exit to windows" to the multi-player escape menu.

I hope that makes it clear enough for everyone. I suspect some hex editing on script files might be necessary.
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 30, 2011, 06:56:04 PM
guys i offered a suggestion as to how to possibly bypass this. stop arguing. listen to this :P
Would not work, I thought about doing that to appeise the so ever stubbon Phobos but then I realised it would dissconnect but then it would not excute the other command becaus edisconnecting means shoting back to the main menu.
Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 06:47:18 PM
Re-read the title, I am asking how to add the feature "exit to windows" in the multi-player escape menu. What modifications to make to their respective files. That is all.
And I told you I know how to do it, but it would crash so it is not worth the time it would take me to make just to prove what I've said.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 06:59:54 PM
Thread Objective: Adding the option "exit to windows" to the multi-player escape menu.
I've done it before but as I said it resaults in a crash when you click it their is no way around this as I've explained four times already. So please can we close this case and accept that if you want this fuction you will have to build your own game from the ground up.

I'm still requesting this to be locked because it is going so dreafully off-topic and into flame-topic swiftly.

October 30, 2011, 07:12:08 PM #20 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:20:06 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 07:06:03 PM
Would not work, I thought about doing that to appeise the so ever stubbon Phobos but then I realised it would dissconnect but then it would not excute the other command becaus edisconnecting means shoting back to the main menu.And I told you I know how to do it, but it would crash so it is not worth the time it would take me to make just to prove what I've said.
I've done it before but as I said it resaults in a crash when you click it their is no way around this as I've explained four times already. So please can we close this case and accept that if you want this fuction you will have to build your own game from the ground up.

I'm still requesting this to be locked because it is going so dreafully off-topic and into flame-topic swiftly.

You can't say that you know how to add the feature, then hoard the knowledge of how to do so, and pretend the question has been answered. The question is not answered until the knowledge of how to add that function is answered on this thread. It is not for you to determine what is a waste of other modder's time.

Stop trying to hoard modding knowledge and get the thread closed without the question being answered. It is extremely rude of you Sleepkiller.

I'm requesting Led remove sleepkiller's off-topic posts and leave the thread unlocked because they have nothing to do with the actual thread objective and are just a display of his egotistic self worship of knowing how but not sharing how.

The objective of the thread is to answer the question as to how to add the feature. Whether you know how or not is irrelevant to the thread if you are unwilling to share it. Go away sleepkiller you are officially and intentionally trolling this thread now.

I have now renamed the thread
"How Add The Feature "Exit To Windows" To The Escape Menu In MultiPlayer?"

and will add [SOLVED] only after a solution is presented.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 07:12:08 PM
You can't say that you know how to add the feature, then hoard the knowledge of how to do so, and pretend the question has been answered. The question is not answered until the knowledge of how to add that function is answered on this thread. It is not for you to determine what is a waste of other modder's time.

Stop trying to hoard modding knowledge and get the thread closed without the question being answered. It is extremely rude of you Sleepkiller.

I'm requesting Led remove sleepkiller's off-topic posts and leave the thread unlocked because they have nothing to do with the actual thread objective and are just a display of his egotistic self worship of knowing how but not sharing how.

The objective of the thread is to answer the question as to how to add the feature. Whether you know how or not is irrelevant to the thread if you are unwilling to share it. Go away sleepkiller you are officially and intentionally trolling this thread now.

I have now renamed the thread
"How Add The Feature "Exit To Windows" To The Escape Menu In MultiPlayer?"

and will add [SOLVED] only after a solution is presented.
*FACEPALM* *DESKHEAD* *DESKKICK*

I have not been hoarding knowlage I've been telling you why that fueture is not present in the first place. And what does happen when it is their. It is a pointless feture that if you really want sure here you go. Have a look at it won't you? (I took the liberaty of renaming the button.) Download this common.lvl to use the awesome button. http://www.mediafire.com/?h554g4nz47dd7ku (And I hope I've provided some of the people reading this post a bit of comic releif. :) )

i'm just saying if you had a screenshot, its not showing up for me.  :confused:
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

October 30, 2011, 08:11:22 PM #23 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:14:46 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 08:02:49 PM
*FACEPALM* *DESKHEAD* *DESKKICK*

I have not been hoarding knowlage I've been telling you why that fueture is not present in the first place. And what does happen when it is their. It is a pointless feture that if you really want sure here you go. Have a look at it won't you? (I took the liberaty of renaming the button.) Download this common.lvl to use the awesome button. http://www.mediafire.com/?h554g4nz47dd7ku (And I hope I've provided some of the people reading this post a bit of comic releif. :) )
Yes, you are hoarding knowledge. It is pointless and arrogant for you to hoard the solution to the thread objective.

Saying that you can add the feature but not explaining how is NOT the same thing as explaining how to add the feature. So until you explain how to add the feature, you cannot say the question is answered. You telling me that it is useless, crashes the game, waste of time, is off-topic and unnecessary.

I have no desire to download or test your mods, I am only interested in learning how to add the "exit to windows" feature to the menu in multi-player. Please stop spamming this thread with your off-topic nonsense. If you want to promote your mods then do so on another thread.

You have not answered the question, because you don't want to share the answer (if you even have it). You just want to keep the process of how to add this option to the multi-player menu "secret" for as long as you can, just like the deathmatch code. It is pathetic.

So let me get this straight I go and make a mod that has what you want in it. And you refuse to even try it? And trust me I am in no mood Phobos today for your silly nosense stop saying I'm pathetic and what not. I"m having a rather bad day and I'll snap rather easilaly today.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
So let me get this straight I go and make a mod that has what you want in it. And you refuse to even try it? And trust me I am in no mood Phobos today for your silly nosense stop saying I'm pathetic and what not. I"m having a rather bad day and I'll snap rather easilaly today.
Your assumptions are dead wrong again.

I do not want, and never said I wanted, a compiled common.lvl with a sabotaged option to crash my game.

I want the instructions on how to add "exit to windows" to the escape menu of my own custom common.lvl

I know you understand that, all you're doing at this point (and have been doing the whole time) is acting like you are special because you claim to know how and refuse to share.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 08:23:40 PM
Your assumptions are dead wrong again.

I do not want, and never said I wanted, a compiled common.lvl with a sabotaged option to crash my game.

I want the instructions on how to add "exit to windows" to the escape menu of my own custom common.lvl

I know you understand that, all you're doing at this point is acting like you are special because you claim to know how and refuse to share.
Yup I just got your medical file sent over to me, you were droped on your head as a baby according to the records. And it is not a sabotaged option It is the one Pandemic coded I simply remove their fuction of keeping it out of the menu in multiplayer and then changed its name for laughs.http://www.mediafire.com/?8vibve2sh74boax Download that image please^^.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 08:27:32 PM
Yup I just got your medical file sent over to me, you were droped on your head as a baby according to the records. And it is not a sabotaged option It is the one Pandemic coded I simply remove their fuction of keeping it out of the menu in multiplayer and then changed its name for laughs.http://www.mediafire.com/?8vibve2sh74boax Download that image please^^.

Get a life, your insults are weak. I asked you to stop spamming your offtopic nonsense and all you do is continue. All you did was the exact opposite of what I asked. You most likely don't know how to add the exit to windows to the multi-player menu, if you did then you would prove it by explaining how. You are just an attention troll. You sabotaged the function just like you sabotage this thread with spam.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 08:30:38 PM
Get a life, your insults are weak. I asked you to stop spamming your offtopic nonsense and all you do is continue. All you did was the exact opposite of what I asked. You most likely don't know how to add the exit to windows to the multi-player menu, if you did then you would prove it by explaining how. You are just an attention troll.
And I'm starting to think you read the first sentace of my posts then stop reading them else you would know that I do know how and I've posted a common.lvl that is proof I know how.[attentiontrolling] And their ain't no way you can cross my bridge unless you let me sign your map. [/attentiontrolling]

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
And I'm starting to think you read the first sentace of my posts then stop reading them else you would know that I do know how and I've posted a common.lvl that is proof I know how.[attentiontrolling] And their ain't no way you can cross my bridge unless you let me sign your map. [/attentiontrolling]
You fail to understand that posting a modified common.lvl is not posting the solution to the thread objective. The solution to this thread is to post the process of how. You want to be the only one capable of knowing how, and this is why I consider you to be a detriment to the modding community here at swbfgamers. I've read sentence after sentence of your spam, and it is honestly nothing but your own self-worship. Never once do you explain how to add the option to the escape menu, despite constantly claiming to know how. You have only proven to be arrogantly unwilling to help modders learn how to add such functions to the escape menu.