Is this ok to do or not (involves SWBF1+2 for ps2 and xbox)

Started by jdee-barc, October 16, 2011, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Actually it is. With any video game the PC version is always the most intense. Due to the fact hard core gamers are constantly upgrading their machines to the latest hardware. Thus game devopers make the PC's stuff much better than the consoles stuff due to the fact the PC can take it. Just look up the specs of an xBox and PS2 and compare them to a 2005 gaming rig. The PC is much better is it not?

nvm. lol

I have the LVL files the side and world files are much much smaller than the PC ones( A world file averages 7 MB a PC one can average any where from 20-40 MB) that means that the textures and models on the inside are less detailed.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 03:43:16 PM
I have the LVL files the side and world files are much much smaller than the PC ones( A world file averages 7 MB a PC one can average any where from 20-40 MB) that means that the textures and models on the inside are less detailed.
So then why is barc saying ps2 has different models? If they are different then there is no msh extractor only the dx ripper thing.

October 18, 2011, 03:53:00 PM #20 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:57:26 PM by Phobos Developer
Assuming Led doesn't mind, I will upload all the ps2 LVL files. I also noticed the ps2 movies folder has a shell.mvs which is 810mb compared to the pc shell.mvs which is 823mb. It also has TUTENG.mvs which is 265mb, which DOES NOT EXIST in the pc movies folder. I'm playing it with VLC and it's only 1 minute long, and the quality is HORRIBLE. I would expect a file like this to be 5mb tops. Must be some way to convert it smaller? No sound either -.- And VLC won't play shell.mvs but says its 50 hours long.

Now that is plan piracy Phobos do not do it and I'm assuming Led will mind. Since you are infact breaching copyright LAWs by uploading them. Please, do not do it. It can get this site in trouble and it won't be you reaping it it will be Led. And a .mvs is just like a LVL file only it contains movies notother stuff. So no SWBF uses a special format to store its movies so no their is no way you can watch those movies sorry.

Extracting the models with DXipper will produce models in a format (i haven't done it yet) that can be opened in amodeling program  and then

if you have xsi and pandemic addon, fixed and exported as msh
any other program: imported, then exported as vrml > imported as vrml in swbfviewer, and exported as msh.

I have been told by DarthDUCK that extracting the models on an emulator may not work because of the way the emulators are set to work.

I already said i would look into  a few of the models, and models only. should the extraction process go sucessfully. please do not upload the movies and such if its illegal, simply for the the sake of this site.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 03:57:54 PM
Now that is plan piracy Phobos do not do it and I'm assuming Led will mind. Since you are infact breaching copyright LAWs by uploading them. Please, do not do it. It can get this site in trouble and it won't be you reaping it it will be Led. And a .mvs is just like a LVL file only it contains movies notother stuff. So no SWBF uses a special format to store its movies so no their is no way you can watch those movies sorry.
You're wrong. People upload PC LVL files all the time, so unless Led objects I will upload the PS2 LVL files. And you are wrong about "so no their is no way you can watch those movies sorry." Cuz I just successfully converted the tutorial video for ps2 from MVS to MP4 format and shrunk the size down to 60mb, same video quality, no sound.

Whattttt? I searched for hours on the internet trying to find a program that could open those files and you go and do it in an hour!? And we upload LVLS from the PC version the one we have a liecense from LucasArts to mod. We have no such lisance for the PS2 version. Please do not upload the LVLs.

October 18, 2011, 04:26:27 PM #26 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:29:45 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 04:16:11 PM
Whattttt? I searched for hours on the internet trying to find a program that could open those files and you go and do it in an hour!? And we upload LVLS from the PC version the one we have a liecense from LucasArts to mod. We have no such lisance for the PS2 version. Please do not upload the LVLs.
Already have uploaded them, do not bother telling me not to post the link, I will only do so when Led approves. I'm also trying to get the sound for the tutorial movie to add to the mp4. Currently only think of 2 ways
1) play the game on ps2 and record the sound then combine it with vid file
i don't have a ps2 so that forces me to do option 2
2) run the game on ps2 emulator and play the video then record the sound and combine with vid file

Then i will upload the tutorial video to youtube so all us pc players can watch it. And if it's "illegal" to do all that, youtube won't hesitate to censor the video. BTW it's 8 minutes now.

Youtube censoring videos? YouTube hosts 1,000s of ilegal videos I highly doughbt they will censor it due to the fact they only take action when someone reports it. they do not have the man power to monitor all their videos.

This 2) run the game on ps2 emulator and play the video then record the sound and combine with vid file
is highly ilegal to do and just because you think you can get away with it because you think noone cares is wrong. LucasArts does care wether or not the users follow the rules. It is people like you who ruin it for everyone else they may not punish you but they take steps in their fueture games to ensure it has hard as to be able to rip content and modify it or put it on the net. Why do you think so few games receive modtools and that pretty much all games content is encoded in a format only the game understands. It's all to stop people like you. So before you do something that breaks the law think of the consquances. They may not impact you very much. But that is why they are constantly adding more secure stuff to games to stop people like you. If a SWBFIII ever comes out I highly doubt it will be modable.

October 18, 2011, 04:45:27 PM #28 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:50:21 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 18, 2011, 04:35:01 PM
Youtube censoring videos? YouTube hosts 1,000s of ilegal videos I highly doughbt they will censor it due to the fact they only take action when someone reports it. they do not have the man power to monitor all their videos.

This 2) run the game on ps2 emulator and play the video then record the sound and combine with vid file
is highly ilegal to do and just because you think you can get away with it because you think noone cares is wrong. LucasArts does care wether or not the users follow the rules. It is people like you who ruin it for everyone else they may not punish you but they take steps in their fueture games to ensure it has hard as to be able to rip content and modify it or put it on the net. Why do you think so few games receive modtools and that pretty much all games content is encoded in a format only the game understands. It's all to stop people like you. So before you do something that breaks the law think of the consquances. They may not impact you very much. But that is why they are constantly adding more secure stuff to games to stop people like you. If a SWBFIII ever comes out I highly doubt it will be modable.

Youtube has automated scanning process implemented. If any copyrighted material is in the video it will automatically be censored. Recording the sound is not highly illegal. It is not wrong to do so either. It is for promotional purposes, so nobody from LucasArts is going to get bent up just because I'm uploading tutorial videos they made for the game. People do those things all the time, and it's not illegal.

It's people like YOU sleepkiller, who ruin it for everyone in the community, by attacking people like me who go to the effort of making more material/content available for modders and players alike. ANYONE can take a video camera and record videos from the ps2 game, or gameplay itself, and upload to youtube. Many people have, there are hundreds of such videos on youtube, yet I don't see you complaining about them. You are targeting me and insulting all the work I do to provide more content to the community and I find it very immature.

You really should stop being so hateful and arrogant, and appreciate the fact very few modders are active and willing enough to provide more for the game. You are trying to kill it with your paranoid attitude. It's people like you who remove all motivation from lucasarts to make swbf3.

The security measures you mentioned are to make the game run smoother because it can't recognize AVI format. And I'm not trying to edit the video in any way, so that also nullifies your theory about it being illegal to post the video.

ok ok ok. guys, this thread was originally about comparing models, not this crap about tutorial videos.

It's illegal to do that. and youtube isn't gonna take action against it. For the sake of modding communites of all games, do not do it.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)