Tricking Gameranger

Started by Soap Mactavish, April 22, 2010, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok so, i have officially quit SWBF as you all know. However, i still wish to join rooms to chat with old clan partners. Is there a signature file on swbf that Gameranger uses to identify your applications? i guess what i am trying to say is, is there a way i can trick Gameranger into thinking i have SWBF installed on my mac with out it being installed? i am running low on HD space and until i get the hefty 500GB version i need all the GB possible.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

how many gigs do you have left? i survived for quite a while with only around 3-5. Also, swbf isnt that big of a game-only like two gigs.  I only have a 37 gig Hard drive and ive had swbf installed for a long time-even when i didnt play it.

my swbf file is 4GB. I need the space to import my windows Virtual machine from Parallels desktop to VMWAre Fusion.

There are alot of things swbf1 doesn't need to run. In your case you can deleted, Sound, shipped maps, FPM, Load, Common, Movies, Shell, Tat3 and all files inside the folders of the Install folder. Does gameranger need the game to be able to play? There are smaller versions of the shipped files if you need swbf1 to be able to play.

If you want to trick Gameranger, just delete all the SWBF data. In theory it should work just fine, however you obviously won't be able to play after that.

#TYBG

If you still want to play swbf1. It is possible to set up so small files that your game data total would be very small. I can tell more on this if you still want to play.

no, i have quit SWBF altogether. I just wanna be able to join rooms and talk wiht old friends.

To do that do you have to be able to run the game to join Gameranger rooms? If not then delete all files after you install the game.

thats what i am wondering. But idk if there is a certain file that GR looks for in the SWBF app to identify it.

ok, thanks Red.