Wrestlemania 30!!!

Started by Ultimo, March 22, 2014, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We're almost 2 weeks away from what's expected to be one of the most (if not THE most) celebrated sporting events in history!

Can you believe it? 30 Years ago, the legend Hulk Hogan competed in the ring, and 30 years later he's the host of the legendary Pay-per-view event that he helped create! And he's actually still in physical shape to perform!

Possibly the two most celebrated matches of the night will be Daniel Bryan VS The King of Kings, Triple H, in a long-standing rivalry match, which the winner will go on to face WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton & Batista for the title later in the night. Also scheduled is a match between The Dead Man, The Undertaker, VS The Beast, Brock Lesnar, where Lesnar hopes to "conquer" The Undertaker's 21-0 Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak. Click here for a list of announced matches for the night

Also during the night is a scheduled 30-man battle royal in tribute to the late Andre the Giant, who many of you may have seen in the hit comedy movie The Princess Bride, as the character The Giant.
Don't forget to also tune in to the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony the night before Wrestlemania 30! This year's announced inductions include The Ultimate Warrior, Mr. T, Paul Bearer, and Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

One last thing, if you're going to watch Wrestlemania 30, don't purchase it alone, as it's almost $60 USD. Instead, purchase a one-month package to the new WWE Network for only $10 USD, in which you'll get access to both the Hall of Fame Ceremony and Wrestlemania 30, along with exclusive shows and other exiciting content only available with a WWE Network subscription!

I can't wait! Can you?  :cheer:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I hate wrestling. (sorry, had to :P)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 22, 2014, 02:31:07 PM
I hate wrestling. (sorry, had to :P)
Why you do dis?
you Punk XD
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Not wrestling. Also, I highly doubt its that celebrated.

I predict this will turn into a rage topic.

Quote from: Ltin on March 22, 2014, 02:35:41 PM
Not wrestling. Also, I highly doubt its that celebrated.

I predict this will turn into a rage topic.
Not a rage topic, must I must announce the point that Wrestlemania in years past has not lived up to the TV viewing capacity of the Superbowl, but it has generated nearly 3 times as much revenue each year, starting 6 years ago I believe. It's quite a phenom, you know
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yeahhh, Ultimo, there's a reason the Wrestlemania gains more revenue than the Super Bowl.

It's called: pay-per-view.

Lots of wrestling events are pay-per-view now, so that's where the cash flow is. Whereas the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, World Series, all can be seen through regular TV, without the payment.

Besides, I don't like wrestling (never watched it as a kid, never cared for it either).

Now eSports, THAT is where the next big sporting industry is.

Quote from: Gold Man on March 22, 2014, 02:42:40 PM
It's called: pay-per-view.
That's not my point in this. The event itself gets most of that revenue in merchandise from the event alone! Pay-per-view isn't the high point in that amount. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper