Episode IV A New Hope
6 (54.5%)
Episode V Empire Strikes Back
4 (36.4%)
Episode VI Return of the Jedi
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Which is better? Star Wars Episode IV, V, or VI. Put your opinions below! :tu:

I really dig the entire trilogy, but the first if my favorite.

Not Serious But Maybe Funny: Definitely Episode VI Return of Tirpider, then again Episode V Phobos Strikes Back is good as well but so Episode IV A New Led.

Serious: Episode VI it is were it closes and were the Sith after thousands of years are destroyed once and for all (Don't spring that Expanded Universe crap on me as far as I am concerned it isn't canon.) and the force is at long last put into balance. It is definitely the best of the trilogy.

June 18, 2012, 11:49:43 PM #3 Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:24:48 PM by Phobos
I have to say episode IV in all honesty cause of all the amazing aliens, the cantina scenes are priceless. Way better than the podracer stuff in ep1 even though its much older. I also like the earlier scenes of luke first arriving on dagobah and the interaction between him and yoda. Episode IV set a precedence unlike any other film in the series IMO. V is really close though, it has better action sequences... but overall I prefer IV.

SleepKiller this might help you kill some sleep.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

First movie is always the best. Episode IV scenes, with Luke, on Tatooine, looking on twin sun horizont, or taking medal on Yavin IV, is very epic. New Hope, is very positive begining.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

June 19, 2012, 02:18:58 AM #5 Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:26:30 AM by Unit 33
Empire Strikes Back all the way. It was the first film I saw at the cinema which probably makes my opinion biased but whatever.

It is widely believed to be the best of the original three, it's the darkest, it has a greater sense of realism, pacing and it has a much tighter script.
And I like it when the bad guys win every once in a while.
It just works perfectly in the trilogy arrangement.
The First film covers the origin story, the second is the low-point and the reveal of a shocking discovery, and the third culminates with the good guys pulling together with a greater strength and saving the day.

Plus it's got Boba Fett and these:

I'm not undermining the first Star Wars though.... it's a bit like the argument between A L I E N and A L I E N S, both are excellent for different reasons.

I say episode IV A New Hope is far and away the best mostly due to the media and people's reactions. My dad and mom saw it in theaters in '77 and have told me "it was like nothing else at the time" they also say that the opening scene where the star destroyer flies overhead was the most amazing thing they had seen in cinima. They also say that when Luke blew up the death star, people literally stood up and cheered! Those are reactions from 2 people out of the countless people who have seen the movie. Also, everyone thought it was gonna fail! Fox was so sure it would fail that they didn't keep any of the merchandising rights for the star wars franchise!!!! Biggest mistake in the history of movie industries. It established such a strong fan base that still exists today! ( hell we are one ) it put down a story for the other 5 movies that some of you love so much! Without episode IV we wouldn't see tatooine to its fullest. Ya other movies show tat but it's not like how they show it in a new hope! You can like 1 for jar jar or maul, 2 for the action scenes, 3 for tying it all together, 5 for boba fett or the truth about Luke's father, or 6 to see a happy ending! But why do we care who anakin skywalker is in 1 or how the eventual storm troopers got their start in 2 or what 3 is tying together without 4!! Why like the prequels if you don't like the foundation set for them? If you like star wars at all and appreciate its story, you will see that the originals especially 4 is the best. 
Wow now I got to... :sleep:

For me Episode V is pretty much perfect.

Incredible visuals

Love

Hate

Self-discovery

Boba Fett

Bossk

etc

Ah, episode V...back before we knew Luke and Leia were really brother and sister, and then came episode VI, and that flirtatious banter in V makes you want to puke... :sick:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet