BattlefrontUpdates Advertising SWBFSpy

Started by William, October 21, 2016, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Nyx on October 22, 2016, 01:47:15 AM
Though, this might get the attention of EA. There are people out there who would be like that, who would go and inform EA and Dice.

I don't think they'd really care to be honest. They probably already know of services like Tunngle and Gameranger. I don't think they'd try to shut SWBFSpy down.

Quote from: DylanRocket on October 22, 2016, 08:50:04 AM
I don't think they'd really care to be honest. They probably already know of services like Tunngle and Gameranger. I don't think they'd try to shut SWBFSpy down.

Right.

SWBFspy = Gamemaster, which was developed with third party tools, dev kits, and a lot of hard work by Kalle and his team.  It has nothing to do with either EA or Gamespy, and we all bought our games on DVD or steam.  If they have a problem with it, then they would take it off of steam first.

There are also several other on-line solutions for various games, including the LucasArts titles.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Nyx on October 22, 2016, 06:58:50 AM
Hopefully that video will get more people to join the forums and the servers.

We already have and the video is still growing at 50 thousand views

October 23, 2016, 11:47:54 PM #18 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:02:21 AM by Mike
This is awesome guys. I am happy he at least mentioned PS2 in the video, and I thank you guys for informing people that PlayStation 2 is still working in the comments.

When GameSpy was rumored to be going down in 2014, I thought it was a shame that a lot of popular websites released articles talking about GameRanger as a possible workaround. In my opinion GameMaster was an all around better solution for SWBF2. Also GameRanger simply couldn't work on PS2. I have always thought that essentially changing one number is a much cleaner and more elegant solution than LAN tunneling. I believe the 2014 articles promoting GameRanger are kind of what made it so popular for SWBF2.

GameRanger also likely became popular due to its multiple game coverage. For instance,  a guy with Empire At War might get GameRanger to play online for it again, but then sees the other game he owns (BattlefrontII) also available after installing GameRanger. I hope I explained that well.