(SOLVED) Problem of sound (no sound on ships)

Started by xelono, May 30, 2016, 03:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 30, 2016, 03:06:48 PM Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:03:00 PM by xelono
I made a map and adding ships (gunship and jedifighter) are losing their sounds of gunfire and sounds of movement.

What is the problem?? maybe I have not loaded in any list file default sound?
[sees a lightsabre] An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!

May 31, 2016, 01:32:43 PM #1 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:16:27 AM by xelono
Problem Solved  :cheer:

Just paste the folder SOUND on:

D: \ Program Files \ Star Wars Battlefront II \ GameData \ Addon \ xxx \ data \ _LVL_PC

Within the .rar there is a file with my mod .lua where I have marked with arrows the command you should put in your .lua file from your mod.

(Download the file SOUND.rar)
[sees a lightsabre] An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!

How did you solve it? I'm having the same problem  :(
SWBF2 player since 2005 but noob modder.

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers

Quote from: Eldelnas on June 03, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
How did you solve it? I'm having the same problem  :(

I am new to modding.

The point is that, I tried the same thing you (apparently) before loading the SIDES need to put the load line sounds.

example:

ReadDataFile("dc:sound\\geo.lvl;geo1cw") ===> yes (sounds tanks and others lands sounds)
    ReadDataFile("sound\\uta.lvl;uta1cw") ===> no, but (sounds ships and other spaces ships)
    ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
                            "rep_fly_gunship2",
                      "rep_fly_jedifighter",

example: I want to load sounds jedifighter and gunship.
I have several options, choose sound loading of the following maps:

uta, spa (space), myg.

Spa only bring all the sounds of the ships but perdere of terrestrial vehicles.

if I want the sounds of earth and space vehicles, uta and myg are the only ones who bring ships (only gunship) and some land vehicles, as in campaigns you can see them these ships.

And this command only one type of sound either geo, uta, Yav, etc does not accept more burdens; I've already tried.

There are some sounds that load (depending on the map), but others disappear as this map does not bring those vehicles you want.

I still do not learn to munge the sounds I want to load.

(I hope you have understood me, as you will see the English is not my native language.)

http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6166

Here's a tutorial on adding stock and custom sounds by majin revan.
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Xelono, I understand what you say, I'll have to try!

Delta327, I can't access gametoast from my country for some reason :/

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers

June 04, 2016, 07:57:22 AM #6 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:59:08 AM by Delta327
Heres the tutorial by Majin Revan on adding stock and custom sounds from gametoast.com.

Anyways, before you read my tutorial, make sure you have read Rends' tutorial about adding sound. You need to have an understanding of how to add sound before adding custom .wav files.

Anyways, here is what you do:
*You can skip steps 1-7 if you have the Fixed and improved munge files installed*

1. Go to BF2_ModTools\data and open up soundmungedir.bat (right-click and choose Edit).

2. Find this line:

Code:
@for /R %%A in (*.sfx) do @echo Munging %%~nA%%~xA & @soundflmunge -platform %4 -banklistinput %%A -bankoutput %MUNGEDIR%\ %CHECKDATE% -resample %CHECKID% noabort %SOUNDOPT% %BANKOPT% 2>>%MUNGE_LOG% 1>>%SOUNDLOGOUT%

3. Under that line, post this:

Code:
@for /R %%A in (*.asfx) do @echo Munging %%~nA%%~xA & @soundflmunge -platform %4 -banklistinput %%A -bankoutput %MUNGEDIR%\ %CHECKDATE% -resample -checkid noabort %SOUNDOPT% 2>>%MUNGE_LOG% 1>>%SOUNDLOGOUT%

4. Save the file, and repeat the step for the file in your map folders (BF2_ModTools\data_MODID) as well, if you have made any before making the change in BF2_ModTools\data. Make sure you save any changed files.

5. Now, go to BF2_ModTools\data\_BUILD\Sound and edit the munge.bat file. Find this line:

Code:
@for /R %%A in (*.sfx) do @set BANKLIST=!BANKLIST! %%A

6. Under it, paste this:

Code:
@for /R %%A in (*.asfx) do @set BANKLIST=!BANKLIST! %%A

7. Make sure you save any changed files.

8. Now, go to BF2_ModTools\data_MODID\Sound\worlds\MODID\effects and put your .wav file(s) in it. The file(s) has/have to be in 352 kbps, 16 bit, mono, 22 kHz PCM mode.

9. Make a .asfx file with your MODID as the title. Put your files being referenced in it like so:

Code:
effects\dc17_rifle.wav    -resample xbox 22050 pc 22050

10. Get a .snd file. Copy one from other sound folders and rename to whatever you would like. Mine is called swrcweapons.snd. In it (I will not teach you how to put stuff in it), mine says this for that above .wav:

Code:
SoundProperties()
{
    Name("rifledc17");
    Group("weapons");
    Inherit("weapon_template");
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("dc17_rifle", 1.0);
    }
}

11. In your MODIDgcw.req/MODIDcw.req for sound, list the name of your .asfx file under the "bnk" section. List the name of your .snd file under the "config" part.

12. Test the map, and make sure you reference the name of the sound in the weapon ODF or whatever. In my ODF file, look above, I used the "rifledc17" part as my fire sound for the weapon.

ENJOY!!

- Majin Revan
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Thanks Delta327! :)

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers

June 15, 2016, 09:01:56 PM #8 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:23:52 AM by xelono

Quote from: Eldelnas on June 05, 2016, 02:58:52 AM
Thanks Delta327! :)

Hello

I do not know if they finally were able to fix your audio problem on your maps, but I also have another solution easier for you (I know this is overwhelming).

So I hope you work.

Just paste the folder SOUND on:

D: \ Program Files \ Star Wars Battlefront II \ GameData \ Addon \ xxx \ data \ _LVL_PC

Within the .rar there is a file with my mod .lua where I have marked with arrows the command you should put in your .lua file from your mod.

It's contain all stock sounds or just some of them?
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Xelono, if I copy the line from your .lua and paste the SOUND folder to solve the problem, will other people hear the sound when playing my mod or will they have to paste the foder too?  :confused:

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers

Quote from: Eldelnas on June 16, 2016, 01:14:31 AM
Xelono, if I copy the line from your .lua and paste the SOUND folder to solve the problem, will other people hear the sound when playing my mod or will they have to paste the foder too?  :confused:

Of course everyone can hear sounds, because it contains the .lua files with the default SWBF2 sounds are loaded.

This "SOUND" folder have to stick once you've done "munged" and all your files passed to the Addon folder to the root of the game.

If you want to share your map mod is simple, just copy the folder of your mod (which is in the "Addon" folder) and ready.

Quote from: Cdt Fox on June 15, 2016, 11:08:57 PM
It's contain all stock sounds or just some of them?

So far contains many sounds, I have not been able to try all sounds but contains most of spacecrafts, tanks and speeders.  :)

I tried it, but I couldn't make it work.  I must be doing something wrong... ???

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers