Explanation

Started by Oven, September 14, 2013, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
We should film that or we sell the rights to disney, that they film that. The movie should called: ICW3 -Lost in Chaos or ICW3-Apokalypse now or ICW3- When you think it ends, it will begin. Other ideas?

ICW3 is a network of intrigues like the politics, but very good entertainment (for me). With many mistakes on both side.

Lets play the funwars today. I think everbody, who want to play, should play and tommorow we take it from there.

You don't have to be there to know the facts that have been presented and proven aside from the jet rule, you also broke the Merc rule and the name changing rule that MORE THAN ONE MEMBER BROKE.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 15, 2013, 07:13:36 AM
You don't have to be there to know the facts that have been presented and proven aside from the jet rule, you also broke the Merc rule and the name changing rule that MORE THAN ONE MEMBER BROKE.
we didnt break those rules as it was proved
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

We did not. By the way typing in caps is considered rude. Want to see my explanation? Go to ICW4 Fiasco. Also, Oven didn't ban YAK because of majesty. He banned YAK because they did not let anyone play, they would only let the good players play. 212 had to reduce numbers, even though there were lots of YAK on xfire.

September 15, 2013, 09:03:45 AM #64 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:08:20 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Quote from: Ten Numb on September 15, 2013, 07:17:31 AM
Oven didn't ban YAK because of majesty. He banned YAK because they did not let anyone play, they would only let the good players play. 212 had to reduce numbers, even though there were lots of YAK on xfire.
I don't know if that's true but I seriously hope not, everyone should be allowed to play. Which YAK actually stopped others from playing?
I was on X-fire during Arena but couldn't join because of the Tunngle error by the way.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I meant took yak out of the tournement..

When I say 'I hope that's not true'. I mean about only the best players being allowed to fight, not YAK being out. I hope no one from YAK was trying to force smaller battles.
Just in case anyone misunderstood. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

September 15, 2013, 09:48:17 AM #67 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:05:33 AM by Oven
YAK is back in the ICW3.

YAK did have major, not minor, problems with namefaking yesterday. It wasn't just Majesty, who tried several times. It was also the player "Shapown" who I strongly believe was Rage. I can't prove this, but he claimed to be in FC and the way he addressed me suggests that he was Rage. Even if he wasn't, he was clearly a name-faker and left shortly after being questioned. Unit 33's name was also faked -- I'm not sure if this was Majesty again. The player Zombie appeared with the same IP as a previous name-faker, so I'm confident he was also a faker.

The number of fakers from yesterday is enough to warrant a strong penalty. I have no patience for this nonsense, especially after Week 4. At some point it becomes the clan's responsibility to stop the fakers. I saw no one in YAK take responsibility yesterday. The ones who were responsive at all were continually berating me about 212's Merc count, which I couldn't even bother with until I knew how many YAK were legitimate!

So the penalty that YAK receives is TBD.

----------

In light of the above, today's battles will go forth as originally planned (before yesterday).

Quote from: Ten Numb on September 15, 2013, 07:17:31 AM
We did not. By the way typing in caps is considered rude. Want to see my explanation? Go to ICW4 Fiasco. Also, Oven didn't ban YAK because of majesty. He banned YAK because they did not let anyone play, they would only let the good players play. 212 had to reduce numbers, even though there were lots of YAK on xfire.
Yes, this was one of my reasons. But I'm not as sure as I was before, and the Arena problems were at least partially due to the Tunngle issues.

September 15, 2013, 09:57:10 AM #68 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:07:38 AM by F ! z Z
These tournaments are suppose to be made for fun and for people to have fun in them, take a step back from life, not get worked up..

I find it kinda silly how serious some players take this old game, but nonetheless I can't say much because I haven't played in almost any of the wars except a couple LOL.

With that said I  think in general its stupid to blindly agree with ones opinion just because of a personal preference you've already made up for someone else, or to target them personally given the right circumstances.

Intense stuff, good reads.

-Hakuna Matata.

September 15, 2013, 10:03:53 AM #69 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:13:21 AM by {PLA}gdh92
I didn't know Rage name faked, I thought it was just Majesty. YAK should get a penalty regardless, even though we had no leader someone should have tried to stop anyone name faking.
I honestly don't mind if YAK continues or not as long as we get good games, I just don't want so see YAK get a bad reputation because of a few people who can't play fairly after we've created a team that has survived 4 tournaments (including ICA) and the majority of whose members are good, fair players.
I'm not just saying this because I'm in YAK, I have in the past supported other clans when people said there might be cheating with Merc counts etc.

Edit: The poll I mentioned earlier is saying 100% for keeping YAK going so if all the voters and a few more turn up we should have good games. :)

I still believe that all the names being faked were all Majesty, though I don't have any proof. From my talks with Rage, he had no interest in playing the tournament anymore under any circumstance. So I don't believe he was apart of any of the name faking at all.

You have to be careful with IP addresses and tunngle.

Tunngle uses dynamic IP addresses.  So it is quite possible that someone can come one, get banned, leave tunngle, and then the next person gets that same IP address.

A better solution would probably be to have everyone declare their tunngle ID's then set up a private tunngle network with a password.  Only the approved tunngle ID's would be allowed to play.

There can always be issues with people using others tunngle accounts, but I think that would be a small issue.  Ping depends on the players physical location so that can be used to discern how far a player is away from the server.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Shap was a name that I heard mentioned. He is an inactive FC member as far as I am aware and could have taken that name. However he still needed the merc tag. Unit and Shapown were on the server at the same time.

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on September 15, 2013, 10:20:25 AM
Shap was a name that I heard mentioned. He is an inactive FC member as far as I am aware and could have taken that name. However he still needed the merc tag. Unit and Shapown were on the server at the same time.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't [FC]Shap. He hasn't been active in a long time, probably hasn't heard of Tunngle, etc. And you're right, there was at least one point where two fakers were ingame at the same time.

None of the screenshots I have show them on at the same time, though that doesn't mean they weren't. I can post all the screenshots I have if need be.