A new SWBFGamers Bracket Tournament

Started by SleepKiller, November 02, 2012, 08:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
My bad, I kind of figured I wouldn't need to explain it. In your match your goal is to deplete the other guys reinforcements. The person who has reinforcements at the end of it wins. Simple really. Last time you had 10 reinforcements and Command Posts could not be captured. I am, unless people disagree going to do the same this time.

The "dual area" is an area the players can agree to dual in. Some like to do that others don't. As I explained in the main post it is up to the players to decide if they want to have one or not.

Ill join
Question : Is this halls only? And is cc going to be the only map?
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

I'm in. Should be fun, I'm sure I still have time for a few matches.

Quote from: [FC]Elite on February 12, 2013, 08:35:06 PM
Question : Is this halls only? And is cc going to be the only map?
From the first post; :)
Dual Area
The dual area can both be all over the map or in a specifically agreed location. Both players are expected to agree on the locations before the dual begins. If one player does not agree on the location the dual is across the entire map.

Sleepkiller said it was CC that was voted for. Will this be the tournament mod map Cloudcity?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

It'll be a new one featuring the new sides people want to play. Currently it looks like the Empire will be chosen.

Ill join aswell.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Will this tournament start anytime soon
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on February 19, 2013, 04:28:43 PM
Will this tournament start anytime soon

Quote from: SleepKiller on February 12, 2013, 02:26:00 PM
The 25 of February is the start date Gold Man. (That's American time. So 26 for us cool NZ and Aus folks.)

5 days, if you consider that to be soon

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

The tournament map is out go download it folks. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=911

Sign ups close in three days. Also a new poll is getting put up to decide what kind off bracket shall be used. The types are,

Single Elimination - You get one match, if you lose your out of the tournament.

Double Elimination - You get at least two matches. So the first time you lose you still have another match waiting for you. (Unless it is the final.)

Round Robin - Everyone fights everyone. You'll get to fight everyone in the tournament at the end of it you'll the wins will be added up and the winner crowned. See here for an example of what a bracket like this look like, http://swbfgamers.challonge.com/roundrobin. Example only bracket places will be different!

Heh, sorry I'm a little late in getting things going guys. But it's started you can see the bracket here. http://swbfgamers.challonge.com/bracketII. Your expected to have your first match finished within two weeks! So start talking with your opponent and get your matched done.

I have removed myself from the tournament to even out players. Good luck guys, and I'll be coming after you in a week if your match isn't done to find out what is going on.

I didn't know the vote was here :l , so I face Deine fer herr?

Well I posted about the poll being added it was your responsibility to check up on the topic. Anyway you'll face whoever wins A. Sorry that the bracket has to be like the this. The ideal number of participants is 8,16 or 32. Sadly we only have twelve so we must have a bracket like this.

Oh boy me and norris :D Norris is going to get a blow out win! PLACE YOUR BETS!! Anyway, I've been out of it for a while so whenever the match is just yell it to me on xfire :D