A new SWBFGamers Bracket Tournament

Started by SleepKiller, November 02, 2012, 08:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 02, 2012, 08:54:20 PM Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:44:26 PM by SleepKiller
It's under way guys! I want to see you lot having your matches and remember screenshots are required!

Find out who you will be facing here - http://swbfgamers.challonge.com/bracketII

Basic Concept
Same as last time everyone would be put into a randomized bracket. Most likely it would be double elimination again. However this time I would try to get a lot more involved in setting up matches, finding out if everyone was trying to setup match times and finding out why a match hadn't taken place yet. Stuff like that to help the tournament stay on track.

Rules & Regulations
Remember all of these and everything is aloud to be discussed about. This isn't set in stone.
No Impersonating
This rule is pretty simple. No impersonating anyone else from the tournament. No having anyone else impersonate anyone else from the tournament. Punishment for breaching this is immediate disqualification from the tournament. The reason this rule is in place is to help prevent match rigging.
Post a Screenshot at Match End
Both players are required to post screenshots at the end of a match to prove it actually happened. You can press P to do this, use xFire or even FRAPS http://www.fraps.com/download.php. You should probably just download and use the free version of FRAPS if you don't know how to do the other methods FRAPs is straight forward and simple. You can then use an image hosting service like http://postimage.org/ to upload it. Once you have uploaded it you can post a link to it in this topic.
No Cheating, Glitching or Hacking
No one likes cheat. If you are caught cheating via any method your match is forfeit. If you have yet to be put into double elimination you still have a chance to correct your ways and win fair. The map will possibly be a secure one like last time to ensure no cheating.
Be a Good Sport
Please don't complain about lag as being the reason you lost. Or anything like that. Be civil and respectful to your opponent. We are here to have fun win or lose.
Keep to the Deadlines
Unlike last time their will be a two week limit for each bracket round. Why two weeks? One week could just be unreasonable across the different timezones for everyone to find time for their dual. With two weeks I believe everyone should be able to find a good time for their match.

Match Guidelines

Organize your Match ASAP
You are expected to organize your match with your opponent yourself. And you are expected to see as quickly as possible, it doesn't matter if you don't have the dual it self for a week after the round has started. As long as you are organizing it with your opponent behind the scenes. If for some reason you can not reach them or need assistance in doing so contact me.
Be on Time to your Match
If you agreed to have your match at 8:30PM you are expected to be there at that time. Not an hour later. It depends on your opponent schedule as to if you can have the match still. If you can't you will have to reschedule before the two week deadline is up.
No Class Restrictions
Their are no restrictions to classes except those already built into the game. You can play as any class just as your opponent can.
Duel Area
The duel area can both be all over the map or in a specifically agreed location. Both players are expected to agree on the locations before the duel begins. If one player does not agree on the location the duel is across the entire map.
Goals and Victory
Unlike in a normal game of SWBF their are only two players. Your goal is to kill you opponent till he has no reinforcements left. Their is no Command Post capturing. Once the match has finished, remember to take a screenshot.  See the Rules and Regulations section for a quick guide on screenshots.
Current Participants
Please note numbers are for organizational purposes only they will in no way effect who you place in the bracket.
1. SleepKiller
2. Rajsombath
3. Der Feine Herr
4. Peanut
5. {212}FrenchFryZ
6. {212th} Norris
7. 212 | F ! z Z
8. Dark_Phantom
9. (212) Pvt. Ruger
10. [FC]Elite
11. {PLA}gdh92
12. [FC]Helios
13. {212} Nixo

Who else is the tournament admin ? ^
And I wanna participate :D
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Another of SK's tournaments? Alright count me in.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

No cheats by this do you mean radar, see through walls and those things???

Quote from: Anyder on November 03, 2012, 03:05:17 AM
Who else is the tournament admin ? ^
And I wanna participate :D
As far as I am aware I am the only person organizing this.
Quote from: {212} Nixo on November 03, 2012, 04:57:48 AM
No cheats by this do you mean radar, see through walls and those things???
Well if you want to put it bluntly yes.

Now this is a pre-typed message for any [FC] members. I don't care if you join in or not. It is entirely up to you but your favourite "mods" won't be aloud. Join or not it doesn't matter, you will only miss out if you try to make a statement against my policy by not joining. Purely up to you guys what path you take. I am willing to try to reach a solution that would keep everyone happy. But I won't change my stance on no cheating. Something like a set of reticules for use in the tournament is the kind of possibility I mean by reach a solution.

Can I use Regent's common.lvl?
I just can't seem to stay away...

You don't need to worry about which mods you can and can't use. Download this http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=537 to see what I mean by secure map, it will be like that except hopefully not cloud city this time.

This time you can make the map call upon a custom common.lvl so that you won't have to worry about modded crosshairs!  :)
I would like to join this tourny also. I remember your last one and I wanted to take part in it.  8)

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 03, 2012, 05:09:09 AM
Now this is a pre-typed message for any [FC] members. I don't care if you join in or not. It is entirely up to you but your favourite "mods" won't be aloud. Join or not it doesn't matter, you will only miss out if you try to make a statement against my policy by not joining. Purely up to you guys what path you take. I am willing to try to reach a solution that would keep everyone happy. But I won't change my stance on no cheating. Something like a set of reticules for use in the tournament is the kind of possibility I mean by reach a solution.
I won your previous tournament in which you "dared me" to play without advantages which you consider (and I don't) to be cheating such as radar. I was able to win without these advantages and successfully proved my point. At this point I have too many other things going on to bother participating in another one of these silly "ban-all-advantageous-mods-omg-nocheaters" tourneys because I know the outcome is the same either way. I doubt I will be missing out on much, so for now you can count me out. I have to manage the tournament I've started already and have another one (shotgun duels) queued to start as soon as the sniper duels is finished. Also, radar is far from being my 'favorite' mod. But i wont try and change your beliefs lol.
:cheers:

Different tournament styles cater to different portions of the community I know.

I will enter this tournament too, no cheats!!! Yay :D

I will enter this tournament  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I'm in. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

When will this tournament start?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Sk read ur inbox :D
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com