CC Hallway Only Sniper 1v1 Leaderboards Tournament

Started by Phobos, August 21, 2012, 10:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 21, 2012, 10:05:16 PM Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:54:43 PM by Phobos
SWBFGamers Cloud City Hallway Leaderboards
# Of Participants:

Unranked:

Awards
Durations for retaining (this starts Nov 7 still under development):
1st
2nd
3rd

Prizes
The top 3 players will be awarded prizes at the end of the tournament. These prizes consist of specialized mods or mod assets which I will design and then award to the top 3.

1st place will get to have the first pick for choosing between one of three options as a prize:

- Custom crosshair texture for 1 weapon reticule of your choice, designed for improving accuracy greatly over stock.
- Custom stock planet reskin, you choose the planet (no mod maps except jabba), skin theme, and weather effects.
- Black minimalist, outer space SHELL and LOAD (main menu and map transition) mods. You may also send me specific nebula or space pictures which I'll add to various planetary load sequences (I will do this for up to 3 planets of your choice).

2nd place will get to choose a selection between the two remaining choices, and 3rd place will receive the last remaining option as a prize.

I know these prizes might not appeal to every player in this tournament, but it's better than no prizes. And remember without modding communities like this SWBF1 would most likely be completely dead.

The top 10 leaderboard bracket will be constructed and replace the list of current participants after the tournament has started and the top 10 positions are taken. It will also list all unranked participants below the top 10 who may join the tournament at any time by signing up on this thread. Anyone who quits the tournament gives up their rank automatically but may always rejoin later unless they have been disqualified for some reason.

Also below this will be an awards section which will list record times for how long each participant has managed to retain their position within the top 3. So if a player manages to hold 3rd place for 4 weeks it will be noted here, and updated if/when they manage to surpass their record.

August 21, 2012, 10:05:58 PM #1 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:58:26 PM by Phobos
CC Hallway Only Sniper 1v1 Leaderboards Tournament Rules
Begins November 1st
Ends December 31st

I have decided to start a new tournament open to all members of SWBFGamers who wish to sign up. The idea is quite simple: a fun tournament consisting of sniper duels in the hallway only on cloud city.

This will not require the clients to download any mods, since I will be hosting a dedicated server with cloud city mods that simply prevents anyone from leaving the hallway and always forces them to spawn inside (note: this is NOT the cc hallway death outside mod, that is quite terrible in comparison). I am also currently working on patching the "corner bug" where shots can go through walls (more prevelent at the Rear Flank than Walkway) to make the sides evenly balanced. I will be hosting the servers with /noaim so that autoaim cannot be abused.

The rules of the tournament are as follows:

• All client sided mods are allowed. Includes crosshairs, radars, custom textures, etc.
  • There will be infinite ammo, however grenades will have the "push" modded out so that stun-spawn kills are impossible.
  • Recons will be modded out
  • Both sides get precisely 10 lives and must fight until one player reaches 0 or forfeits.
  • CP disabled
  • Spawn timer 5 seconds, Spawn invincibility 3 seconds
  • Both teams can use either sniper unit, the special class for their team will spawn as the other team's sniper class.
  • The challenger always gets to choose the starting CP side either walkway or rear flank.
  • Screenshots must always be taken at the end (unless both players were unable or forgot to take screenshots and agree on the same results) to prove a match actually happened and a link posted on this thread. Any disputes over a match not having occurred where screenshots are produced will possibly result in further inspections or pre-match player identity verifications.
  • Anyone provably caught impersonating another participant or having someone else impersonate them will be instantly banned and disqualified from the tournament.

The tournament will function as a leaderboards which means it is ongoing until December 31st when it will officially end. either the server cannot be hosted anymore or the participants lose interest and player challenges become too infrequent. The leaderboards would be updated once a week with the new results factored in.

The top 10 players will be listed in a leaderboard bracket which shows their names and respective positions. At the start of tournament all the participants will start unranked. To earn a rank you must first defeat another unranked participant (or ranked if all 10 spots are taken). The first person to do this and post a screenshot here will take position number 1. The second person will receive position #2, and so on until all 10 ranks are filled. At this point other participants who are not ranked may challenge the players in 9th or 10th place in order to work their way up. A person may join as late as they want, someone may join 3 weeks after it has started, although the tournament will end on December 31st.

Each participating player will be allowed to propose up to 5 challenges per week (which will start on mondays), however a participant who is ranked in the top 10 only has to accept as many as 3 challenges per week. So if 5 unranked players ask to duel player #10, then #10 only has to accept the first 3 offers, and the rest are optional.

Challenges should be posted formally on this thread in a way that is easy to understand. Specific times should not be posted since it would add clutter to the thread, as the two players can figure this out using xfire or PMs. In the challenge-issue and challenge-accept posts you may mention times but be sure to mention time zone also so players don't get confused.  If the person being challenged does not respond to the challenger or duel them within 4 days of the challenge post, it is considered automatic forfeiture.

The top 10 players may challenge someone ranked up to two ranks higher than them to a duel, the other player must accept a duel within 4 days or it will result in a forfeit in which the challenger automatically wins the match and moves up to their position. Example: Bob who is ranked #4 is challenged by Joe who is ranked #6. Bob never responds to the post so 5 days later Joe automatically goes up to rank #4 and Bob down to #5. Whoever was #5 before is now #6.

Also another rule regarding challenges: You cannot challenge the same person more than twice per week. So if Joe #6 lost to Bob #4 twice, he could still challenge #5, but not Bob #4 again until next week (starting monday).

There will be no in-game admining for this tournament since it really isn't required. If the participants wish for others to see the duel they can video or broadcast the duel, or have their friends watch scores from the lobby. 1-2 instances of the server will be up 24/7, and will only allow for 2 player slots. The server will have a password that only the participants of this tournament will know (I will PM it to players who sign up when the tourney begins, and also to players who sign up afterwards). However I may attend a duel to watch if both players ask me to and I'm available.

The tournament will officially start on November 1st so that there is more time for the rules to be openly discussed and refined further, and giving a decent time buffer to allow more players to sign up. If anybody has suggestions, comments, questions, ideas or concerns you may post them here and they will be taken into consideration.

August 22, 2012, 03:35:28 AM #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:40:23 AM by {212}Mart
So the other tournment is canceled or no? :o , nevermind read your post, i'll join :P

August 22, 2012, 07:45:56 AM #3 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:53:02 AM by Niño
I'm willing to join, but the only issue I have is taking screenshots. My xfire in-game has stopped working for a while now, and in addition the scroll key never worked. I also tried pressing 'p' while playing SWBF and I know the file location of the supposed screenshots i took, but they're not in there. Thirdly I tried hitting 'PrintScreen' twice really fast but no results were evident.  :confused: Is there possibly another alternative that would work?
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

You can re-map keys for X-fire from Tools-Options-X-fire in game to avoid using the scrlk key if this helps.
I'm a rubbish sniper but I'll try and join nearer the time when I know what I'm doing.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Niño on August 22, 2012, 07:45:56 AM
I'm willing to join, but the only issue I have is taking screenshots. My xfire in-game has stopped working for a while now, and in addition the scroll key never worked. I also tried pressing 'p' while playing SWBF and I know the file location of the supposed screenshots i took, but they're not in there. Thirdly I tried hitting 'PrintScreen' twice really fast but no results were evident.  :confused: Is there possibly another alternative that would work?

If xfire won't work at all try holding in on the control key then pressing printscreen. after you do this open up a program such as windows publisher, paint etc... then right click and press paste. the image should then appear in the file. 

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

August 22, 2012, 08:47:59 AM #6 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:56:33 AM by Niño
Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on August 22, 2012, 08:37:52 AM
If xfire won't work at all try holding in on the control key then pressing printscreen. after you do this open up a program such as windows publisher, paint etc... then right click and press paste. the image should then appear in the file. 

I have already attempted that in-game, and it only takes a picture of my desktop and any web browsers/programs i currently have opened up...

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 22, 2012, 08:26:23 AM
You can re-map keys for X-fire from Tools-Options-X-fire in game to avoid using the scrlk key if this helps.

In case you have accidentally missed it...

My xfire in-game has stopped working for a while now
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

I would participate if it doesn't class with any other battles.

[quote
Quote from: Niño on August 22, 2012, 08:47:59 AM
In case you have accidentally missed it...

Sorry thought you meant you couldn't use x-fire in game beacuse your key was broken.  :slap:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

My xfire quit working in game recently, I had to reinstall xfire. Then go into options, xfire-ingame tab, check the box that says enable xfire in game. Then go to games tab and look for SWBF. Make sure the box that says disable xfire in game is not checked, and make sure the file path is calling on the exe. Then change your keys to open xfire from scroll-lock + x to something else.

Also in the game options you can set the screenshot key to something other than P or print screen. It will save the file as a TGA in the screenshots folder in gamedata. However this will only work while the game is going in the player lobby, it won't work for end scores screenshots.

Sounds. Cool Phoboos u can count me in!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I'll Join  ;)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

At least 3 more people must sign up before this can start.