Avion Modders

Started by Festus, September 28, 2010, 09:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Hello this is Festus and I recently started a modding group called Avion Studios with some freinds of mine and we are currently working on a conversion mod for SWBF with new charecters weapons and the works, there is a problem though and it is many of my members are new to modding this game and only me and another member are interested in moddeling and lack sufficient knoledge on how to use XSI mod tool, so I am looking for any mappers and moddelers who would be interested in joining this group or at least anyone who would be willing to help us in some way, also this mod is still in the planning stages and there is not much information regarding it so before anyone jumps on ship stay current with the project by visiting www.avionstudios.webs.com and decide wether or not you like the direction we are taking ( I'll try to keep the site updated as much as possible with our developments ).

P.S also can some one direct me to some XSI tutorials that helped them get started with the program.

So I heard of this new thing called Google.  It sounds like an internet based search engine where you type in a few keywords of wha you are looking for.

Softimage+XSI+tutorials seems to work.

In fact edhariss.com at the top of the results is excellent due to Ed Hariss being a long time 3D VFX artist and one of the original people who was there at the start of XSI.  The next page of results even has the VAST learning tutorials and the excellent XSI community forum xsibase.com.

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=Softimage+XSI+tutorials&btnG=Google+Search

The information is out there, if you guys are truly committed to doing your TC (conversion into what is not really explained) mod for SWBF, then you guys should also have the initiative to find the info you need and learn the tools on your own.

The difference between a good modeler and a bad modeler is not the software package, who taught them necessarily, but their dedication.

Your advice is most appreiciated, but beleive me we are nothing short of determined and I have been looking up tutorials for soft image mod tool but was curious as to what tutorials others used to help them when they were starting out. Anyways thanks again the links were very helpful

Ok i wanna join but just to tell you guys i can make maps.My first maps was not so cool but my others have......lets say they are full whit possitive comments.
If you wanna check my maps to be sure how i am good go to this link.Thats all my maps:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/developer/gogo12;29969

So if this will be something like the BF2 Conversion pack,i mean mod whit new custom maps that will be very cool.I already have one finished map.
My Coruscant Invasion where you can get fighter from the city and go to orbit.Soon i can show you pictures.So if this team need custom maps this is good start for pack.What you think?
none

Gogo 12 Avion Studios would be happy to have you! So please register to the site and I'll talk to you there. As for your offer canibal rancor we at Avion Studios would currently like to finish our conversion project and get some experience under our belt before we accept your offer but for the present would you be intereseted in becoming associates? This way we could lend each other a hand in our projects or something (well until my other members get some more expereince I guess only me and Gogo could offer help).

No I don't have an Xfire yet but plan to soon so we can stay in contact through my site or yours if you have one or even email. In our current mod we plan to change two factions completely so nothing is the same but through out the course of this we plan to make smaller scale mods with say somewhat new characters such as an ep3 arc trooper which our coders are making with hex edit currently. I look forward to working with you in the future oh and please register to our site you can have access to the staff conference area in the forums.

To anyone interested pleas come to our site at www.avionstudios.webs.com either tommorow or tonight to veiw new concept art.