Is there a knwon way to get Bf1 shaders in Bf2?

Started by 411Remnant, February 05, 2014, 02:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys! Me and another modder were curious about the idea of getting something like Bf1's shading and lighting in Bf2. Has this ever been done? and if not, is there a link for BF1 shaders so that we can experiment with the idea since the Bf1 mod tools came with so little leaving some of those out.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

If i remember correctly they were released on Freds website a while back..
Also something about missing some critically needed header scripts to go with them that cannot be released, but if SWBFII had the headers released and are anything like BFIs, I imagine they would work..

I'm going to stop pretending I know what I'm talking about now, and suggest you ask SleepKiller. He seems to know quite a bit about this stuff..

Yes in theory it is possible. But why on earth would you? The SWBFII shaders make SWBF1 look positively ugly. If you wanted to re-create SWBF1 authentically in SWBFII once again, why on earth would you? Take advantage of the newer and better graphics capabilities.

February 05, 2014, 03:18:13 PM #3 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:19:46 PM by -RepublicCommando-
So um, while you're on the subject, I have a question;

Are the BFI shadders the thing that prohibits special effects on materials that are otherwise made fine use of in SWBFII? Like combinations of effects, Env-map and all that jazz. Or is it something more hard coded into the exe?

February 05, 2014, 08:17:05 PM #4 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:19:04 PM by 411Remnant
Quote from: SleepKiller on February 05, 2014, 02:52:52 PM
Yes in theory it is possible. But why on earth would you? The SWBFII shaders make SWBF1 look positively ugly. If you wanted to re-create SWBF1 authentically in SWBFII once again, why on earth would you? Take advantage of the newer and better graphics capabilities.
Personally me and my friend think it suited BF1. With battlefront 2, though it improves on some stuff, we feel it would be interesting to use Bf1 shaders just to play around with. I guess bueaty is in the eye of the beholder, but maybe you could humor us and provide us with those shaders to experiment with.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant