Utter Chaos Mod

Started by Ryanoceros, March 24, 2009, 02:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm working on a new version of my All Troops Fly mod, which will have ridiculous strength weapons in addition to the jet trooper abilities for all troops ... it'll be utter chaos!  :-P

So far it's looking great. In fact, much better than I hoped for.
The goal will be to have maximum power on the weapons, similar (in concept) to what you get in the "Insanity" (ins) map made by Jedikiller. But this will be a sides mod so you can use it on all maps (except mission maps and maps with sides included already). And of course, all troops will be able to fly indefinitely.

I just played the beta version and its absolutely hilarious! I can't wait to share it with you all.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know it's coming soon.
Keep an eye out for it.
... and here it is! ....

Edited to add link:
http://www.filesavr.com/utterchaos

Just uploaded the link and added photos.
Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to make sure people saw that I added the link and photos.

I love the screenshots of it, but I'm only worried that it will cause major video lag for some people. Otherwise, it's a great mod! I'll test it out when I get the chance.

looks good man, looking forward to trying it out!

Good job!

And whoa, those clone skins look high-def imo, did you change them??

he added more battle shading to the clones, but IMO Ryan has some of the best skins i've ever seen for SWBF.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Thanks guys!
Yeah, it's true, it will lag or become unstable on some maps. My video card barely handles it. I took it to the limit. Some maps it becomes unstable on. But others it works pretty good on. I suppose that's expected when you take the effects to their max.
I tried it on CSI9 last night and it didn't work very well; the exploding ordinance doesn't show up. But it does work pretty good on Rhen Var Monastery (mon1), in GCW.
And it works good on most of the standards too, at least those that I tried. I'll have to tone it down a bit more if I want it to be more stable. As it is, all weapons have exploding ordinance and one shot kills most of the time. I also boosted the health of tanks and planes so they aren't just clay pigeons. lol
Anyway, it's utter chaos! Give it a try, but don't be surprised if it isn't working well on one map or another.
So far I successfully tried it out on Dune Sea, Kamino, CC, Platforms, Geonosis, Rhen var (both maps), and a couple customs, gus1, and mon1.
But it was unsuccessful on a couple maps also, CSI9 and Endor. Beyond that I don't know how it will perform.

Any input would be appreciated. I will be revising it for a new version.

you know that this looks just like the insanety mod O_o
but i LoVe the skins >D
did you make those skins yourself? becuase if you do you could make it a skin to download im sure im going to use the 1s for empire and rebels >D

anyway GREAT mod

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Thanks!
Yep, I Photoshop'd the skins myself.

Here's the latest version (2.0), which doesn't have any lag issues.
ATF_Chaos_Mod

... I'm still working on v2.1, which has improved vehicles; faster & more powerful. And also has a mission.lvl patch so Hoth doesn't crash.

any chance of you adding the units to Mos Eisley and releasing the map? I want to use it for the end of season jam for the TiW league players but I'm afraid to let them loose with adding anything that isn't a map to their installation!

The coolest thing is to be at one end of a map and then just see a flurry of sniper rounds hit something near you.
On levels like Platforms or Geonosis, you can take a rocketman and fly up real high, and then lock onto vehicles and just unload rocket after rocket on them and just watch the explosions.

Interesting occurrence: ON platforms, a guy had just gotten in a Y-Wing but hadn't taken off. I fired about 15 lock-on rockets at him, but they all flew above him. AS he took off and began flying, all 15 rockets then decided to blow him up and all hit him within a second. It was so cool.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Dresh: "any chance of you adding the units to Mos Eisley and releasing the map? I want to use it for the end of season jam for the TiW league players but I'm afraid to let them loose with adding anything that isn't a map to their installation!"

Hmm, not sure how to do mission maps. I think I'll need some help figuring out how to do it.
I'm still a rookie at modding this game. And since I use a Mac it's never easy.
Anyway, once I'm done with the final version (soon to be released) I'll look into what is necessary to make a mission map like Mos Eisley.
Hopefully it isn't to much extra work. If it is easy, sure.

El Chupacabra:
LOL yeah it is fun to play the game in new ways. I've done the same, fly up high and just pick off targets far below. :)

I dont know how you guys do stuff on macs. if you want to zip up the files your end and get them online I can do it here. Otherwise I'm sure there's someone here that can help you with the mac side.  You've already done all the hard work adding your side to a shipped map is quite easy compared to the editing you have done!

I can get the mission map done for you no problem. Do you want any specific ratios of bots for each unit?

btw, mission maps don't need the source for the unit LVLs at all, but the source is helpful if you want compression

...and I see the Hoth problem. you just don't have imp_droid_probe in your files.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

April 20, 2009, 09:20:07 AM #14 Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:57:03 AM by Dresh
Ok, done it, was tempted to stick in ticket bleed but since its one shot one kill pretty much I noticed AI was dropping like flies during regular play!

anyways, if someone could try it out before I stick it up for download it is here:

http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/temp/utc1.zip

Ryano, let me know if there is anything else you want me to add to the readme!

lol, your name now added to my dictionary so no more rhino mistooks!!!!