Another Munge request, please

Started by Ryanoceros, March 07, 2009, 11:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need a munge, please? Can someone help me?
I tried munging on Virtual PC but the resulting lvl files always crash the game. :)

//http://files.filefront.com/Sides+modzip/;13426321;/fileinfo.html

On a side note, it would be nice if an expert can help me figure out the problem I'm having munging on virtual PC...
Even when I munge a completely unaltered version of the side, just the originals, it crashes the game when I start.
When I munge my sides mod, just before it crashes I can see that the altered skins did take place, but the weapon list is all messed up.  And like I say even with the standard sides it does the same, the list of weapons appears messed up and the game quickly crashes.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

Send me the munged stuff (just one lvl file, please), and I'll run sptest on it and see if i can figure out the error.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Okay, I'll send it in about one minute.
Thanks!

.. make that two minutes.. uploading now

I just took a look at it. First of all, did you edit any of the REQ files? Also, did you delete any odf files? The all.lvl is much to small to be correct.

These are a few examples of the errors:
(These are not all of the errors. I have many of each type so I'm showing one from each

Message Severity: 3
.\source\Weapon.cpp(1760)
Weapon "all_weap_inf_sniperrifle" missing high res geometry "all_1st_weap_inf_sniperrifle"

.\source\Weapon.cpp(1475)
Weapon "all_weap_inf_sniperrifle" missing ordnance 0.000000 "all_weap_inf_sniperrifle_ord"

.\source\EntitySoldier.cpp(6255)
Soldier "all_inf_soldierurban" weapon 3 "all_weap_inf_thermaldetonator" not found

.\source\WeaponDispenser.cpp(373)
Dispenser missing entity class "all_weap_inf_remotedroid_ord"

I noticed that you only sent a few of the ODF files. right now it seems like you deleted some stuff from the folder. Go to BFBuilder\Datarya1 (or whatever one you are using)\_BUILD_PC\Sides\ALL and post the contents of "odfmunge.log", "modelmunge.log", and "levelpack.log". If the only data in it is the "odfmunge started" line, don't bother posting the file.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

No, I didn't touch the REQ files nor did I delete any files. I just used the folder that you sent me the other day. All I did was adjust the data in the existing of files and make a few minor photoshop changes to the MSH files.

Those odf files I sent were the only ones I changed. I didn't send anything I didnt change.
But, of course when I tried to munge things, everything was were it was supposed to be.

this is the mungelog

soundflmunge.exe : Warning : No files in file list rya1  - while munging C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder\Datarya1\Sound\worlds\rya1\rya1.asfx

you edited MSH files with photoshop????? do you mean TGA?

What about the log files?

right, the tga files..

log files? where's that?

Quote from: "The Pi (my big post)"Go to BFBuilder\Datarya1 (or whatever one you are using)\_BUILD_PC\Sides\ALL and post the contents of "odfmunge.log", "modelmunge.log", and "levelpack.log". If the only data in it is the "odfmunge started" line, don't bother posting the file.

another attempt.. so much stuff I froze in pasting..

its over 300,000 characters long, it wont let me post it
I'll have to upload them to my server.. hang on

http://files.filefront.com/13427860

EDITED TO ADD .... I've figured it out! Too difficult to explain, but I got it working.
Thanks guys for all your help! I'll post the new mods within a couple days. :)
Looking good already! :-)

Post Merged Extras Deleted[/b]