Munge request

Started by Ryanoceros, March 03, 2009, 02:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can someone please munge a sides mod I made?
If you are wondering what it is, I gave all the troops jetpacks with infinite fuel. And gave them all a bit more ammo, and changed the weapon selection a little. And tiny color changes to a few characters.
Thats all it is. But should be fun for game play.
Anyway, if someone can munge it for me I'll give you a mention in the read me file.
Thanks in advance!

If you're using BFBuilder Pro, you can import the sides into a mod, and they will munge. My MPM was made creating a new mod.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I'm an Apple user. So that won't work for me.
I can only change odf files directly then request a munge from a pc user... at least as far as I know.

Sure, Pm me a link.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Excellent!
I just sent the link.
Thanks Jedikiller. :)

Don't hta files work on a mac? They're just HTML files really, odd that they shouldn't work. Then again, they modify batch files used in Windows, I guess.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

No, unfortunately Mac users are very limited in what they can do. I'm not sure of all the reasons why, but all attempts fail when trying to get the BFBuilder to work on Mac.
No matter, I managed to get my files munged. I've been testing it out all evening. I'll post it tomorrow for others to try out.

Even if you could get the hta files to work, you still need to deal with the fact that all of the munging programs are PC-only executables

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I have Virtual PC. I don't fully understand why it can't work on that?
My swbf game is mac version. If the BFBuilder could just recognize my mac version, I could do all the other work in Virtual PC. Is that possible?

There is no reason to make VirtualPC recognize SWBF (I can do it, but I prefer not to) as even if you got it working there would be no difference. VirtualPC will never report the real graphics card. instead, it emulates it's own. unfortunately, this fake card can't handle ZeroEditor, which is the only thing that needs SWBF.

All of the munge tools should work under VirtualPC, as well as the hta files. try it out, and it should work. you just won't be able to map at all unless you install BootCamp

I've tried before, but it always spit out some error message. I'll try again and let you know what happens.
.. btw, how do I do it? Do I just drop the IDF files on the munge application icon?

If you can get the hta program to make the mod folder, you have all you need. If you want I can send you some pre-made folders. Just run munge.bat under windows and it should finish

I'm a bit confused. Which program is the hta program? .. BFBuilder says, "Need Star Wars Battlefront Loaded". and as I say I only have the mac version which isn't recognized. Is there a different program? .. btw, the zeroeditor says the same thing.
Do you have some instructions on all this? hta for dummies version :)

BFBuilder should NOT say it needs Star Wars Battlefront installed as far as I can remember although ZeroEditor does.

As Pi said, he could always send premade folders.
Also that reminds me, did we transfer Breakdown's Factions Guide?

#TYBG

Ok, cool, please send me some pre-made folders.

But then what, how do I do it.. is there some instructions posted somewhere on how to actually do it?