DualShock2 question

Started by Kit Fisto, December 08, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If I have vibration on my DualShock2 PS2 controller for my games does that shorten my controllers "life?"
Like will it break faster?

Turning on a vibration feature on a controller won't shorten the life of it, they are designed to handle anything thats built with it.....if your talking about a 3rd party add on tho, or it vibrating when it should not that could shorten the life.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

My dualshock have failed before, but not because of the vibration. (always on for me.)
Mostly it's the cable and the way I wrapped/stored it. (they got loose on the controller side.)

Ok so I'll play with vibration! I always liked it that way better but I didn't know if it would ruin the controller. Thanks for your help guys!  :cheers:

December 08, 2012, 04:52:00 PM #4 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:41:09 PM by aeria.
I've broken 2 dualshock controllers from playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater so much.
Twice. None from vibration but because of abusing the X button.

Vibration won't shorten its life but I recommend disabling it for FPS games. Aiming becomes significantly easier if the controller isn't vibrating.

#TYBG

You getting DualShock 2 confused with DualShock 3. Last I checked my controllers were happily plugged in 24/7. No battery what so ever.

It's strange, but in some reason, DualShock vibration, is never work's for SWBF1, on my PC... :confused:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I am only using dualshock 2 PS2 controllers. The ones that plug into the console. I'm really careful with all my PS2...

Sereja, how did you get the dualshock controllers to plug into your computer?!  :wacko:

Well, it's simple cable adapter: one side USB port plug-in, other side - PS2 plug-in.

Oh so you had to buy an adaptor for it.  :P Did you hunt 10 years for it like you did SWBFI? ;) ::) :P

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 08, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Oh so you had to buy an adaptor for it.  :P Did you hunt 10 years for it like you did SWBFI? ;) ::) :P

You'll also need software to drive the controller, I believe (I needed to download something so that my computer would recognize my Xbox controller... even though my Xbox controller doesn't respond to my computer, probably because it's responding to my Xbox).

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 08, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Of'course not! :D In my country hardware is not a problem, and I buy it very long time ago.
Quote from: BlackScorpion on December 08, 2012, 05:32:21 PM
You'll also need software to drive the controller, I believe (I needed to download something so that my computer would recognize my Xbox controller... even though my Xbox controller doesn't respond to my computer, probably because it's responding to my Xbox).
Ok, I try to search for it...

Quote from: Sereja on December 08, 2012, 05:55:35 PM
Of'course not! :D In my country hardware is not a problem, and I buy it very long time ago.
HeeHee.  :D :happy:
Sereja, may I ask why you didn't just buy SWBFI online? Or was that story about you going around the country a lie...  :rofl:

Quote from: Sereja on December 08, 2012, 05:55:35 PM
Of'course not! :D In my country hardware is not a problem, and I buy it very long time ago.Ok, I try to search for it...

Actually, it looks like I was wrong.
"1. Most Playstation 2 to USB adapters do not require a driver to work."
http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/using-a-gamepad-with-your-pc/1479/

Sorry.

Well, may be vibration is just wasn't adopted for PC... :(
Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 08, 2012, 05:57:00 PM
HeeHee.  :D :happy:
Sereja, may I ask why you didn't just buy SWBFI online? Or was that story about you going around the country a lie...  :rofl:
Actualy, I buy it on-line, it cost me 100$, but those service work's only for St. Petersburg, and Russian Federation http://www.swkotor.ru/dvd/
Just think about that: if it's cud be possible to by it, from my country, by use some other, normal on-line shop servise, those guys, cud never sell it, by such overhigh prise.