Most Creative/Interesting Weapon in a video game?

Started by Hardcore, January 16, 2010, 11:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Name the weapons that out of all the video games you have played was the most interesting, this doesn't mean it has to be the most powerful, but ofcorse...it could be :)

Just wondering how interesting people find the weapons we play with in games these days, as 50% are clearly based on real weapons. but what about the other 50% eh? well lets find out!

Top 5: (in no order)

Laptop Gun (Perfect Dark 64) Nothing is more fun then putting up this turret and baiting people into it.
Bombchu (Zelda) Set it, and forget it as it travels to your target and blows up in his face.
Land Shark (Armed and Dangerous)  Sharks....best idea ever.
Farsight (Perfect Dark 64) The original weapon to shoot through walls.
Shells (Mario/Kart) ......Who doesn't love the idea of using the enemies armor against it.

QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

The M90 whit a silencer! :D
The increbeble lightsaber fights in Kotor and JA/JK
An Tiger Tank in CoD UO :D
An blaster rifle from SWBF
And um....the CoD 2 mod that you trow cakes instead of nades (or the one from CoD 4 being a dog in the zombie server)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

energy sword - Halo 3
AC130 - Modern Warfare 2
silenced SMG - halo odst
Any gun from borderlands xD
Gun- Assassins Creed 2

Verik... that isn't too creative. Tiger Tanks and M90s are real weapons and are pretty much used over and over.

My list:
Gravity Gun (Half Life 2) It's great fun throwing cars explosive barrels, and pretty much everything else in the game to other people. It's even more fun when it goes on overload because you get to literally pick up enemies and throw them at other enemies.

Leichenfaust 44 (Wolfenstien) It's a wide radius blast of energy that cancels gravity and turns all enemies into bones. It was epic.

Bombchu (OOT) I have to agree with HC on this one. Bombchus were awesome and made a great minigame as well.

Lancer (Gears of War) Chainsaw on a gun... genius

Morph-O-Ray (Rachet and Clank) Anyone wants to be turned into a barnyard animal?

#TYBG

I'm going to try to do mine without repeating anything anyone's said before:
Line welder(Dead Space): Shoots a beam of energy that slices through everything.
Headsplitter (Turok): Instant headshot kill. Rips brain out of skull.
Hive Cannon (Conduit): Its an alien machine-gun that shoots what are effectively giant alien bees at enemies. To reload, you slap it.
Deatomizer MK2 (Conduit): Its alternatively a shotgun and a sniper! And it has the most awesome animations ever.
Oddjob's Hat (James Bond: Nightfire): Me and my friends used to play this game all the time, the curve from oddjob's hat was so excellent.

Conduit was an awesome game for cool weapons.

And people that I agree with:
Lancer (GOW)
Gravity Gun (HL2)
SPINY BLUE SHELL! (mariokart)
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Gravity Gun deserves #1 spot if we were to make a list, IMO. Most revolutionary thing in HL2 for sure.

I make sigs

I think Inert just made a new community feature :D

Also, I have to agree with Zorba on the Oddjob hat. Disregarding Goldeneye, I think Nightfire was the best Bond game :)

#TYBG

If a grenade counts as a weapon I'd have to say a Plasma Grenade from Halo!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

I would say a rocket launcher that can track people on star wars battlefront

Actually I would have to say any weapon from JK's Insanity Mod would do it  :tu:

DS

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

I retract everything I said before.

Red Faction: Guerilla

It started out as an April Fool's joke, but it got such good feedback that they actually implemented it!
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

The funny stuff you guys posted, thanks. I can watch what red linked over an over. If I mod troops for swbf1 I would use a led pipe I found in a download.

Hmmm... tough choice. Here's my decision.

Plasma Grenade- (All three halos. Looks coolest in 1 tho, IMO) OK, come on. Who doesn't love sticking aliens with a fiery grenade, have them run away screaming, and finally go BOOM! Example:

Elite: *attempts overhead melee at MC*
Master Chief: *Dodges* "Not this time,  :censored:"
Master Chief: *Quickly sticks elite with plasma grenade while getting he's getting back into firing position.*
Elite: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
BAM!
Master Chief: lol

or:
Grunt: "stupid!"
MC: "sticks plasma grenade"
Grunt: WHY MEEEE? *runs into group of other aliens (teammates)
BOOM!

MC: L-O-L

1. 'The Scream Cannon' - Oni
One of the most scary weapons you'll encounter in a video game, this weapon releases a
'screaming' entity of light, which follows targets relentlessly, passing through objects and gliding at low speeds...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8zpfiHeR_s

2. 'Flare Gun' - 'Time-splitters'
No explanation required, it's just funny. :D

3. 'Disruptor Rifle' - 'Jedi Knight Series'

4. 'Holy Hand Grenade' - 'Worms series'

5. 'Wunderwaffe' - 'Nazi Zombies mode' - 'Call Of Duty World at War'.

Spartan Laser- Halo 3
Brute Hammer-Halo 3

Those are my 2... I guess Halo has really gotten to me.

Newest one!