Jabba's Palace startup problem

Started by KommissarReb, July 08, 2015, 03:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whenever I load up Tatooine: Jabba's Palace in Battlefront 1, the game crashes during the loading screen after a few second pass. Does anybody know what could be causing this?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Do you have the icw map pack installed?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 09, 2015, 01:25:16 AM
Do you have the icw map pack installed?

Probably not. What does "ICW" stand for? Imperial Civil War?

No its a group of maps for a tournament called the intergalactic clan war. You must have a different problem.  Does it work in single player ?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: KommissarReb on July 08, 2015, 03:59:17 PM
Whenever I load up Tatooine: Jabba's Palace in Battlefront 1, the game crashes during the loading screen after a few second pass. Does anybody know what could be causing this?
there could be missing files, can you zip your tat3 from addon folder and post it here?

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 09, 2015, 04:46:23 AM
No its a group of maps for a tournament called the intergalactic clan war. You must have a different problem.  Does it work in single player ?

It doesn't work in single player (instant action) or multiplayer. In MP it claims that I don't have the map.

Quote from: Phobos on July 09, 2015, 05:37:19 AM
there could be missing files, can you zip your tat3 from addon folder and post it here?

To fix the problem I replaced my Tat3 folder with one that Led posted http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=602 in case it was overwritten. I still am having the problem.

If I remember corretly, I didn't have this problem prior to updating Battlefront to be able to play in multiplayer. Could that be it?

Quote from: KommissarReb on July 09, 2015, 06:30:23 AM
It doesn't work in single player (instant action) or multiplayer. In MP it claims that I don't have the map.

To fix the problem I replaced my Tat3 folder with one that Led posted http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=602 in case it was overwritten. I still am having the problem.

If I remember corretly, I didn't have this problem prior to updating Battlefront to be able to play in multiplayer. Could that be it?
How many folders are in your addon folder? I think anything over ~20 will cause instant crashes for some maps.
Installing the gamemaster patch would not cause this.
If you have SPtest, run that and see what it says.

July 09, 2015, 09:13:15 AM #7 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:58:21 PM by KommissarReb
Quote from: Phobos on July 09, 2015, 08:21:02 AM
How many folders are in your addon folder? I think anything over ~20 will cause instant crashes for some maps.
Installing the gamemaster patch would not cause this.
If you have SPtest, run that and see what it says.

Yep that was the problem. It works fine now that I deleted a whole bunch. I had about 28 folders before, now I have 19.

See you in Jabba's Palace!  :cheers:

Quote from: KommissarReb on July 09, 2015, 09:13:15 AM
Yep that was the problem. it works fine now that I deleted a whole bunch. I had about 28 folders before, now I have 19.

See you in Jabba's Palace!  :cheers:
Great, I'm glad it works now! :tu: You don't have to delete any maps though.
I suggest creating another folder called "AddOnExtra" or something like that, and placing them there. The game will ignore those mod maps, and you can move them back and forth as you choose.