Objects under the map

Started by Snake, June 04, 2021, 04:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 04, 2021, 04:01:58 PM Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:41:32 PM by Snake
So I have put objects under the map many times but I think I remember always raising the terrain first.. Is it problematic if objects are too low? if water is too low?

I have the problem of crashing but only when you look down... that doesn't seem like the response to objects or water being too low but it's literally the only thing I can think of. I can't think of anything that would crash upon being looked in the direction of.

Also since SPTest is working now (thank you Dark Phantom) I thought it would help but I can't see anything other than random inconsequential errors. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

--Edit

I took every single object from below the map to above it and it still crashes when you look down or up in a certain area. I don't get it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I guess you could start removing objects until the problem goes away...or until you run out objects and eliminate that as the issue.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've had this issue several times when making maps in the PSP version of BF2. Every time I solved it by playing around with the sky file values inside NearSceneRange and FarSceneRange. Several times I just copied values from vanilla maps and they worked perfectly.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Interesting. I'll have to remember that for next time. To solve this issue I just started from scratch with a new map.  ::)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder